Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bicycle number plates

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm pretty sure his bike would be bracketed in Tax Band A for VED though :thumbsup:

True. The license should at least cover the cost of administering the licensing of cyclists, cycle lanes, prosecutions, etc.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Tell you what. You pay for both your car and your bike. Makes sense to me. You can choose which one you use then.

but none to me. he can choose which one to use now, for half price.
car when the devil drives the horses, bike so he need not stop at lights

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Not in favour of number plates but I do feel Cycling Proficiency should be part of the National Curriculum. The fact anyone can get on a bike and navigate roundabouts, A roads, junctions and the like without having any knowledge of the roads is pretty scary. And I say this as a regular cyclist.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
True. The license should at least cover the cost of administering the licensing of cyclists, cycle lanes, prosecutions, etc.

cover the cost of prosecutions, we havent done anything yet.
you are revealing a bit too much of your fiendish agenda

SAC

May 21, 2014
Not in favour of number plates but I do feel Cycling Proficiency should be part of the National Curriculum. The fact anyone can get on a bike and navigate roundabouts, A roads, junctions and the like without having any knowledge of the roads is pretty scary. And I say this as a regular cyclist.

A lot of primary schools offer the Cycling Proficiency Test but it isn't compulsory.

What should be compulsory is drivers needing to take a test every year or so. Maybe this would improve the quality of drivers on the road. I took my test 30 years ago and my bike test 15 years ago, it's ridiculous that we don't have to at least brush up on the rules of the road every year or so.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is absolutely true.

However, due to a lack of regulation and punishment, the proportion of cyclists who disobey the rules of the road is unquestionably far higher.

From experience (used to annually drive up to 20,000 miles a year) I would say around 1 in 20 motorists do something that is blatantly unlawful (perhaps if you exclude speeding on a DC/MW), with cyclists I would say it is closer to 1 in 4.

this is plainly utter bollocks. nearly all motorists speed, a lot of cyclists behave (not me)
so youve got that arse about face. motorists speeding kills more people than ebola

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
and there is nothing coming

A red light applies to cyclists as much as to anyone else. On the occasions when I do ride a bike, I would never consider going through a red light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here