Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:
An extract from one of my reports of the Public Inquiry, last February:-

In that context, I was reliably informed that the wage bill last season was less than 60 per cent of the Club's turnover.

those are the rules, so would guess that would be the case.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Does our bonus scheme require a player to complete the full 90 minutes ?

Elsewhere, players seem quite happy to spend the season in the reserves. Ours, all throw a major strop when they get substituted.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
The Large One said:
Which begs the question, what is the club's turnover?
For the sake of rough figures, suppose the turnover is £2.0m

£4.6m for the period ending June 2004 according to the Club's Audited Accounts. Wage bill was £2.8m but that INCLUDES all the coaching and administration staff.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
saw an atricle in zoo or nuts with virgs last season saying he was on 50k a year plus bonuses but have it on good authurity that he's now on 13k a week along with a 100k signing on fee

KinkyNormanBaker said:
those are the rules, so would guess that would be the case.
The 60 per cent limit is a Football League guideline for a well-managed football club. It's not a 'Rule'.

Very many football clubs exceed it. We don't even reach it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well, one silver lining. If the players are on a goal bonus or a win bonus, the club is saving an absolute PACKET this season.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
saltash seagull said:
saw an atricle in zoo or nuts with virgs last season saying he was on 50k a year plus bonuses but have it on good authurity that he's now on 13k a week along with a 100k signing on fee

No, it said 75k a year.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The first year pros - Elphick, Breach etc and people like Loft will probably only be on about £250 a week. And the likes of McPhee won't be on much more.

Lynch is a scholar so will be on £80 a week?

average wage of a championship footballer (in yesterdays Grauniad) around 3k a week

average wage of a premiership footballer in the same survey, £17k a week

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
scotjem said:

They used to get a bonus if they made a first team appearance from the bench at any time ,also they used to get a bonus each week dependent on what position they were in the League on a Monday morning.(I bet its pennies this season!!)

Plus they did get a bonus if the crowd was above 14,000,so all big away games to them were a little earner as well.

Also they do not get an end of Season bonus,as in Promotion or whatever.All they get is the 3 days in Marbella as a thankyou.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Large One said:
Some (the first-year senior pros) will be on £500, others maybe £2,500 per week. I can't believe many are on as much as £4,000 a week. The figures just wouldn't add up.

I think thats pretty much about spot on, didn't friend Leon slightly exagerate his income to get himself further into debt on the slipery slope of bankruptcy ??

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Charlies Shinpad said:
scotjem said:

They used to get a bonus if they made a first team appearance from the bench at any time ,also they used to get a bonus each week dependent on what position they were in the League on a Monday morning.(I bet its pennies this season!!)

Plus they did get a bonus if the crowd was above 14,000,so all big away games to them were a little earner as well.

Also they do not get an end of Season bonus,as in Promotion or whatever.All they get is the 3 days in Marbella as a thankyou.

That is all obviously a very old bonus contract!!

Race said:
That is all obviously a very old bonus contract!!
I heard that some players have a deal that involves handing over all of their money to the missus, who lets them have a few pennies back to spend on flowers.

They are allowed to earn extra pocket money in exchange for jobs around the house, though.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Lord Bracknell said:
I heard that some players have a deal that involves handing over all of their money to the missus, who lets them have a few pennies back to spend on flowers.

They are allowed to earn extra pocket money in exchange for jobs around the house, though.

Oooo more ideas! I'm adding EXTRA clauses as we speak!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was reliably informed Kitson was on a £500 a goal bonus so thankfully that cost jack shit :lolol: :lolol:

Also certain players are on a win bonus as advised by above poster once :p

POB76

Mar 28, 2004
Hove
I Know for a fact that Culip went to Sheffield on 4k per week wanted to come back to the Albion at the end of the season but we could not afford his wages but Forest could:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports