BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

Not sure why the albion feel the need to add their own sentence after a court of law has given theirs.

I neither condemn nor defend those involved as I don't know the facts, but even if the facts are pretty damning, indefinitely is a long time.

Indefinitely - without fixed or specific time. So really as long or short as required.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That flag belonged to the lads who have been banned.

Having read through these pages, I thought that you had done a fairly decent job of defending those lads - However with that statement you have just lost your '' Petrocelli '' status - You really were doing brilliantly before that

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Not sure why the albion feel the need to add their own sentence after a court of law has given theirs.

I neither condemn nor defend those involved as I don't know the facts, but even if the facts are pretty damning, indefinitely is a long time.
I understand your point but I presume its in the interest of the club to prevent 'known' troublemakers from attending Brighton matches and make a statement about how they view football related violence, same as shops will ban shoplifters for obvious reasons. I say 'known' but like many others without knowledge of the full details I cant judge.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Having read through these pages, I thought that you had done a fairly decent job of defending those lads - However with that statement you have just lost your '' Petrocelli '' status - You really were doing brilliantly before that
why ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I understand your point but I presume its in the interest of the club to prevent 'known' troublemakers from attending Brighton matches and make a statement about how they view football related violence, same as shops will ban shoplifters for obvious reasons. I say 'known' but like many others without knowledge of the full details I cant judge.

Not just that.

The club has to be seen to be taking a strong stance on such things. This is all big business now. Clubs need to attract large Sponsorships and you are more likely to attract the Sponsors if you are a ''family like'' club as opposed to a club whose fans are known for violence.

Through work I deal with a lot of players and clubs around London and the South. Clubs like Millwall find it difficult. Not impossible but difficult to get big Sponsorships due to the reputation of fans. Yes of course there is all that Bravado and Kudos which comes with having fans with a good reputation for fighting but if some of them realised the money it can potentially cost their club, maybe, just maybe they might look differently on certain things.

It used to piss the hell out of Theo Paphitis when he was at Millwall. He loved them as a club. He put millions into the club but eventually lost the drive he had to try and reach the Premiership because he found it difficult to bring the funding into the club which could potentially have taken them to the next level when they were hovering around the top of the Championship for a few years.

Brighton probably had to make this ban but I am certain, if those guys could put a case forward of their innocence then Brighton would listen to it ( I mention this in earlier posts). If they can then they should do so. If they can't then they just have to accept and live with the ban

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Because the fact that the Russian fans famous for their fighting are parading it as a mark of respect to people they have been fighting against.

Football Hooligans are not actually out to do major damage to each other. They have a stand up fight and then move on to the next fight . If they have had a good fight with some opposing fans. Parading their flag is a mark of respect for the fight they have just had.

That's why I claimed that their flag ending up in the hands of the Russians and them parading it on a ''float'' doesn't do their claim for innocence any favours

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Because the fact that the Russian fans famous for their fighting are parading it as a mark of respect to people they have been fighting against.

Football Hooligans are not actually out to do major damage to each other. They have a stand up fight and then move on to the next fight . If they have had a good fight with some opposing fans. Parading their flag is a mark of respect for the fight they have just had.

That's why I claimed that their flag ending up in the hands of the Russians and them parading it on a ''float'' doesn't do their claim for innocence any favours

Absolutely rubbish, this is an example how th Russian fans just tore into fans just drinking, I don't see these fans whose flag was ripped down and stolen fight each other here....

https://youtu.be/vSwzYmRSGc0

Last edited:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

Seriously? I can't believe this for one minute, not that I'm an expert on the subject but this just sound like complete bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Wow... Where on earth did you get that from? Parading a flag upside down is the exact opposite of respect in the eyes of ultras. The fact the Russians have that flag adds huge weight to the argument that the lads defended themselves and were not the aggressors.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

You were doing so well up to this. Complete tosh.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex

Haha why are you making up this crap?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

What a load of crap

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Bollocks. :lolol:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Wow... Where on earth did you get that from? Parading a flag upside down is the exact opposite of respect in the eyes of ultras. The fact the Russians have that flag adds huge weight to the argument that the lads defended themselves and were not the aggressors.

Not really

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Those lads have been going home and away week in week out for years so surely they would have copped a ban by now if they were that violent ! If it was a war and they did stand their ground they should be given a medal not a ban.

gumbopickles

Jul 10, 2003
brighton
I was in the square that day - I managed to run BUT if I was I a bar I would have chucked anything near me at them to protect me and my mates- believe me when you are in that situation you are in survival mode and no one really knows how they would react

If there's videos of them charging around looking for a fight then the ban I would agree with but I guarantee you they were just like me and my mates that we're having a great time in the square and some beers and got run at by hundreds of armed Russians.

I'm disgusted fellow Brighton fans so quick to assume the worst of everyone and jump on their high horses

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I've always suspected you to be a bit of a bullshitter, but I've never replied to any of your posts.
You have just confirmed my suspicions :facepalm:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Really, can you point out a source for this claim?

To me it's a trophy the claimed (along with a lot of other flags, etc) to show they won their battle and to gain honour from their exploits - ie, we went, we won, we are the best. (especially as any England fan was targeted simply as it was seem as a badge of honour to defeat the English as we were famous for our football violence and it didn't matter to them if they were not looking for or wanting to be involved in trouble, the Russians still attacked them)

Russians displaying their captured flags and chanting we are top of the league
[yt]yBgL1rdaI6o[/yt]

Russian fans selling trophies off including blood soaked flags
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-fans-Saturday-night-s-violent-clashes.html

where would the mark of respect fit in with your theory regarding the flags grabbed they grabbed in the stadium (also seen in the images in the link above) when the English fans are just trying to get away from the advancing Russian fans and weren't looking to fight but some were still attacked and hurt (are these victims deserving of a FBO too?)

What about the numerous deaths that occur in other countries which have a problem with football violence (Italy, Holland, etc) and means that the authorities ban away fans from games because of the risk of death and injury?

And it sounds like total made up rubbish with no basis in fact

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Respct because launching furniture at other human beings may have saved others from injury? Not sure that's much of an argument to be honest.

Sorry you misunderstood my point.
I meant throwing stuff at a mob of violent Russians to defend themselves and other England fans.
There are at least 2 YouTube vids of several Russians attacking lone England fans.

I wouldn't have respect for anyone that threw stuff at innocent bystanders.

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013

They are all clueless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports