Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
to be fair, this one doesn't

not at first, anyway. (The main problem being no-one has seen the evidence, so no-one is in a position to judge). Presumably the five have, so they will know what the evidence is and whether they have a case against the evidence. For all the talk on here, we can only wait and see if there is an appeal.

Surely that's the point someone has seen the evidence, hence the Fbo.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm not going to specifically comment on the guys in question as I've not seen the video, I wasn't there and they didn't contest it ( some possible reasons for this have already been posted ).

BUT football fans in this country are treated as second class citizens by the authorities and the chattering classes. The FBO process is entirely one sided, corrupt and unjust. The idea that you can get a summons with 12 hours notice is ridiculous - no time to prepare, no time to get legal advice. As always it stems from actions falling out of the Taylor report. As fans we have no rights - we're treated differently to rugby and cricket fans - I've had a police officer openly admit that they like policing football matches because "they can put the boot in and who's going to believe a football fan".

It's time FBO hearings had some proper process around them to make them fair - say at least 14 days notice, the right to legal representation ( either professional or a lay friend ), that the 'defendant' doesn't have to cover the costs if they object, that legal aid is available. The cards are stacked in favour of the authorities. By all means throw the book at those CONVICTED via proper process of being hooligans but at the moment it's "you're a football fan, you must be guilty".

You are absolutely spot on but that would open a whole new can of worms as that would have to be the case the for all civil cases. Ditto for legal aid in these sort of cases and lets be clear about one thing legal aid isn't free its assistance towards your legal costs depending on your personal circumstances and has to be applied for.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
And maybe if people didn't have that attitude when attending football tournaments we wouldn't be having this conversation...

Right-o. If only we thought those Russian psychopaths were top blokes who go to church every Sunday, all of this would blow over.

Delusion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Russian paramilitaries will probably be in uniform in 2 years time, providing the policing.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Right-o. If only we thought those Russian psychopaths were top blokes who go to church every Sunday, all of this would blow over.

Delusion.

The delusion is that people put themselves into situations where they have to "do or die"... Have managed to avoid this situation quite well in my 56 years on this planet!

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So, as all this reads. Some football fans from Brighton, some with dodgy looking social media links, had an altercation with some Russian fans, as witnessed by an NSC member, and obviously, some undercover Sussex and Surrey police spotters. They were luzzing, and got confrontational with the undercover police who were filming them, and have received banning orders. Not sure im understanding the ;problem here really.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The delusion is that people put themselves into situations where they have to "do or die"... Have managed to avoid this situation quite well in my 56 years on this planet!

Have you not seen some of the video footage from France?

Remarkable that people can be so stupid that they see England fans hospitalised and their reaction is "Well, it's not happened to me, so it must be their fault."

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Im in the east lower every home game if you have something to say ?

Hypothetically, if someone was to come up to you in the lower west and said to you, based on your persona on NSC you come across as a complete tosspot, what would you do?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Have you not seen some of the video footage from France?

Remarkable that people can be so stupid that they see England fans hospitalised and their reaction is "Well, it's not happened to me, so it must be their fault."

Never said that, the contention here is that these 5 were fighting. The claim is they were defending themselves, it appears the evidence shows otherwise.

The Coventry City fan is a completely different scenario as this was about violence meted out to him once in police custody and the lies that were told to cover it up.

Are the police telling porkies here then?

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Never said that, the contention here is that these 5 were fighting. The claim is they were defending themselves, it appears the evidence shows otherwise.

The Coventry City fan is a completely different scenario as this was about violence meted out to him once in police custody.

Why was the Coventry fan even taken into custody?

Did he get a FBO because he was assaulted in custody or because of police allegations (or whoever was the source) that he was a troublemaker at the game and worthy of a ban? - the Magistrates imposed a ban yet where was the evidence of any wrongdoing to justify the ban in this specific case?

Or is it a case of there was trouble at the game, he was there therefore he must have been involved due to his presence?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

The Coventry City fan is a completely different scenario as this was about violence meted out to him once in police custody and the lies that were told to cover it up.

Are the police telling porkies here then?

[yt]XEYhdprpeHE[/yt]

Here is the Coventry fans removal from the ground (having done nothing wrong at all) and anyone viewing that could interpret him as a troublemaker (but he is innocent)

This evidence was probably the thing used to judge his guilt and give him a FBO - do you think it was justified? and that he is a dangerous troublemaker deserving a long ban from matches?

Background detail:
“This all started when PC Allsop first came over to me and I asked him why he wasn’t wearing his ID numbers and told him I was considering making a formal complaint since I knew he was in breach of guidelines.

“In response PC Allsop called me a ‘smart arse’ together with a torrent of abuse and then left me alone.

“I then called up another officer, assuming him to be a commanding officer but he could not provide me with an answer. He then turned against me and alleged I was drunk, which I wasn’t.

“My protestations were ignored and you can see what happened next in the footage.

Those saying that hey should have contested the charges and even just defended themselves in court (at little or no cost), the Coventry fan did this and it got them nowhere as they were still found guilty.

“I was charged with a public order offence (Section 5), given bail conditions preventing me from attending any football match and released at 2.00am.

Once the case came to court, I represented myself (I would advise that nobody should do this, rather call the FSF for advice and referral to Melanie Cooke). I was found guilty, fined £275 (including costs) and given a banning order.

Remember they don't get very long to plan a defence either

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It seems from the NSC eye witness that these guys were luzzing some time before the main trouble in the the square. Seems like some people here are adding events some time after to justify their behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here