Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Puzzles me if these lads were even suspected of being of being troublesome oiks .How did Sussex OB even let them out of the country? Stinks of a stitch up,

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
If you look at their Facebook pages they are just normal lads, not football hooligans. Unfortunately for them they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

???

2.png

3.png

1.png

They seem to have a lot of interest in hooliganism and casuals, don't they!

theboybilly

If it makes me a shithouse as you so eloquently put it to make a rational decision to potentially preserve my own life by running instead of taking on skilled and practised fighters then I am guilty as charged. I am not so scared of being perceived as being weak for making that decision in public so I would personally say that it is you that have the issues rather than me if you would feel the need to be seen as the big man who 'stands his ground'.

The article states that they confronted the Russians and the police. Even if this was after being attacked, any right minded individual would let the authorities deal with the thugs and get out, not start throwing chairs cos someone else started it. That is a child's excuse.

Finally, if someone smacked me in a pub and I hit them back then I would never be done for assault if I used reasonable force to defend myself. If I was attacked and I then followed my attacker out the pub and hit him with a chair, we would both quite rightly be charged with assault. Your scenario doesn't hold water I'm afraid

From what I've read and heard 'the authorities' had no intention of dealing with the (Russian) thugs and England fans were left to defend themselves

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Having followed England Away for many years its the same old story.
Old Bill need to show they did something (video trouble instead of actually stopping it) to justify their freebie trip to the South of France.
If they were there as liasons, why did they not do their job and patrol in the Port where anyone with any sense would know that is where trouble would occur.
Then again, they were not there to stop trouble..
If these are regular followers then PC Balkham should know of them and can state whether this was out of character...then again he would not get his trip to Russia 2018.

This point needs exploring. Or has pressure come from higher up ? ???

We are moving to a guilty until proved innocent society in many areas. Get falsly accused of domestic violence and you are arrested and face a night in the cells before investigations start. Get named in the media and 'there is no smoke without fire'. Without knowing the details here, this is starting to sound similar.

el punal

I agree with the bit about BHA being OTT. Hope they back down on this.

They're hardly likely to, are they? The fact that the five in question have "accepted" their punishment will not do much to make the club change its stance.

Maybe an act of contrition, a grovelling letter of apology, and chomping on a huge slice of humble pie might make all the difference.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ok...

If you are summoned to court on a civil complaint like these lads, you are not entitled to any legal aid. You are also presented before 3 busy wankers (sometimes known as a magistrate) who have made their decisions before anyone has even set foot in court. The tiniest shred of evidence against you basically garuntees an FBO. If you contest it and lose, you get the ban and have to foot the bill, which runs well into the thousands of pounds. In this instance the lads defended themselves against the Russians (who lets not forget inflicted some pretty major damage that day). They are good blokes who have followed BHA home and away for a long long time. However knowing the implications of fighting the ban in court and losing they had no choice but to accept it - as many have before them. This is not a criminal court where you can defend yourself properly, it is very different. In my personal opinion it is an absolute joke that the police and the courts can even hand out FBO's in these circumstances. Naturally the Arsegus will use the usual buzz words in their article to instigate the obligatory reaction from those out there not aware of how the civil football banning order works.

As I say, people not aware of the facts shouldn't be so quick to judge.
Strange. I have followed The Albion home and away for more years then I care to remember and have never once got in to a fight. Guess that makes me either lucky or a law abiding citizen just supporting my team!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Get attacked by sober, organised, militant style mobs of gym going (state sponsored) thugs.

Defend yourselves then banned from the club you love, support and financially support.

Then judged by the people you share your BHA experience with.

Anyone who was in Marseille will know that this was not drunken pot bellied English lads causing problems. I personally watched a family get kicked and punched off a dinner table while having a family meal. This was not football violence, this was something I have never witnessed before, this was a statement of intent from a Country.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Marseille was like a war zone day. Some Birmingham fans I know went and they've seen it all from bubble trips to mass brawls after an all dayer against Villa. The feedback from all of them there was that it was the worst they've known and seen and were thankful to get out in one piece.

The usual tactic of avoiding the port wouldn't work. Russians and locals were picking people off in the side streets and you were just as well seeing where trouble was coming from and moving away. They were thankful that enough people stood their ground to enable them to do this. It's all very well saying everyone should run (and let's be clear, I would have legged it) but if no one stands their ground more and more would have been involved. Screaming for a policemen that day got you a round of tear gas - the outraged should remember that. People who stood their ground were about the best protection for the average fan.

England away trips can involve hostile police and locals coming into bars with crash helmets for a tear up. It's not like a trip to Fulham away with a few beers at Putney bridge and a seat in the neutral end. Bannings seem harsh in that context but the NSC jury has made their minds up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What do you mean by "Muppets"?

Was an initial reaction based on the article in that they were daft to get involved. Been interesting to see more 'facts' emerge since though (if that's what they are). Not sure where I stand now........clearly more to it than the articles state though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
At least 40 pages!

Changing the subject.. Kylie during or post Neighbours?

Post-Neighbours definitely. If I can pinpoint a moment in time then I'd go for 1995 just after the criminally under-rated 1994 album 'Kylie Minogue' - the first for her new label Deconstruction. 'Confide In Me' is a brilliant tune and she looked hot, hot, hot.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Marseille was like a war zone day. Some Birmingham fans I know went and they've seen it all from bubble trips to mass brawls after an all dayer against Villa. The feedback from all of them there was that it was the worst they've known and seen and were thankful to get out in one piece.

The usual tactic of avoiding the port wouldn't work. Russians and locals were picking people off in the side streets and you were just as well seeing where trouble was coming from and moving away. They were thankful that enough people stood their ground to enable them to do this. It's all very well saying everyone should run (and let's be clear, I would have legged it) but if no one stands their ground more and more would have been involved. Screaming for a policemen that day got you a round of tear gas - the outraged should remember that. People who stood their ground were about the best protection for the average fan.

England away trips can involve hostile police and locals coming into bars with crash helmets for a tear up. It's not like a trip to Fulham away with a few beers at Putney bridge and a seat in the neutral end. Bannings seem harsh in that context but the NSC jury has made their minds up.

I don't think anybody is questioning the violence of the organised Russians, however a small handful of people have received banning orders, maybe because they were filmed throwing furniture or other acts of violence. As you said a lot of people caught up in it and everyone has the right to defend themselves. As people have pointed out on here a quick look at their social media history and it doesn't help their case and maybe the police have enough intelligence on them to bring a case against them. I am not going to call them guilty or innocent as I was not there, so it's hard for anyone to defend them or trash them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here