Elphick - 23
El Abd - 26
Bennett - 21
Dicker - 24
Smith - 21
Bridcutt - 21
Barnes - 20
Murray - 27

Bloody hell, hadn't twigged that we have such a young side (with a few oldheads I grant you).

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
cant belive how some nob heads give barnes stick. hes 20 and is getting better all the time. hes going to get a top player. i think also smith and bridcutt are def worth keeping on long term deals

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
mildly surprised and greatly impressed
bodes well for the future if they continue to develop together

Exactly my thoughts. Of course there are some old farts in the team - you need them - but overall a very young team. And looking at BoFs data, already with a lot of experience. Keep them together and keep Gus at the helm and who knows where we might go.

Btw, I stuck Glenn in because I always think of him as an older head, but at only a few days over 26 he's still approaching his peak.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And we're sure to feature Dunk and Caskey some time this season - this really is a very young team (hope we never have to call on Tano)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's be honest though, it's probably his last season here

Why do you think that, because he wants away or because we want better? He seems to be enjoying himself and if Poyet offers him another contract I wouldn't be suprised to see him take it. Murray gets a fair bit of flak on here but makes things happen, when he came on on Tuesday the chances that had not been there all game just opened up. The guy is quality and will be very hard to replace without spending big imo.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It is easy to forget how long El Abd has been in or around the first team... I remember him playing for us in the Championship relegation season. When did he make his debut?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In answer to my own question, he made his full league debut in the 2-1 win over Notts County in November 2003.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In answer to my own question, he made his full league debut in the 2-1 win over Notts County in November 2003.

So, only a couple of years away from his testemonial...not bad for a player who should have a good 6-8 years of football ahead of him.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Why do you think that, because he wants away or because we want better? He seems to be enjoying himself and if Poyet offers him another contract I wouldn't be suprised to see him take it. Murray gets a fair bit of flak on here but makes things happen, when he came on on Tuesday the chances that had not been there all game just opened up. The guy is quality and will be very hard to replace without spending big imo.

He's my favourite player, and definitely amongst our best few. I'll be gutted if he goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports