Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA vs Southampton (Unofficial thread)

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
In the apparent absence of Perseus I thought someone had better start this thread.

Last edited:

1066gull

I am p!ssed of with McGhee always changing the squad.

I feel for everyone who has gone today.

Anyhow, lets wind up Soton.

Play up Pompey.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Just in case you've missed it the team is:

GK Chaigneau
RB El Abd
CB McShane
CB Butters
LB Lynch
RM Carole
CM Mayo (yes I know)
CM Carpenter
LM Frutos
CF Big Mac
CF Robinson

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
1066Seagull said:
I am p!ssed of with McGhee always changing the squad.

I feel for everyone who has gone today.

Anyhow, lets wind up Soton.

Play up Pompey.

Most of the changes were forced by suspensions and injurys. I agree dropping FDM is a weird one, but we do not know why. He might be feeling a twinge in his shoulder. If so better to rest him for a few games then risk playing him and losing him for another 6 months.

1066gull

I hope Gatting is there. He seems to have progressed.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Had to get it from the Saints website:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/index.asp

Saints v Brighton - latest

By Graham Hiley

George Burley was forced to ring the changes again as the injury crisis deepened with three more players ruled out.

Rory Delap's ankle injury flared up after Cardiff and there was not enough time between games for him to recover. Neil McCann was ruled out by an Achilles problem while Kenwyne Jones had his foot stamped on at Ninian Park and was also sidelined. Leon Best was given his first start of the season in his place.

Nigel Quashie though recovered from a knee problem to return to midfield with Nathan Dyer shaking off a dead leg to take over on the right of midfield from Teho Walcott who was rested.

Tomasz Hajto shook off a minor knock to replace Matthew Mills in defence and David Prutto dropped to the bench in favour of Yaonn Folly who was given his second start of the season.

Birghton were missing former Saints favourite Jason Dodd with a persistent back problem as well as Charlie Oatway with a broken ankle.

Saints: Niemi, Baird, Kenton, Hajto, Cranie, Dyer, Quashie, Delmadi, Blackstock, Best. Subs: Ormerod, Walcott, Prutton, Mills, Smith.

Brighton: Chaigneau, Mayo, El-Abd, McShane, Carpenter, Butters, Frutos, Carole, McCammon, Robinson, Lynch. Subs: Jarrett, Cox, Elphick, Gatting, Kuipers.

Referee: Mike Riley (Yorks)

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~762502,00.html

Chaigneau In At St Mary's

Florent Chaigneau has been handed his first league start this afternoon for the clash with Southampton at St Mary's.

The French keeper, whose only appearance to date is the Carling Cup defeat at Shrewsbury, replaces Michel Kuipers, who drops to the bench.

Elsewhere with Paul Reid, Dean Hammond and Colin-Kazim Richards all suspended, McGhee is forced to shuffle his pack.

At left-back the Albion boss hands a full debut to 18-year-old youth-team defender Joel Lynch, with Adam El-Abd switching to the right-hand side.

Kerry Mayo will join Richard Carpenter in the centre of midfield, while in attack McGhee plumps for Mark McCammon and Jake Robinson. Leon Knight is left out altogether.

Youth team members Dean Cox, Joe Gatting and Tommy Elphick arfe all on the bench, along with Albert Jarrett, who returns from injury.

Southampton boss George Burley has also rung the changes this afternoon, making six changes to the side that lost at Cardiff on New Years Eve.

Teenage hot-shot Theo Walcott starts on the bench.

Albion: (4-4-2) Chaigneau; El-Abd, McShane, Butters, Lynch; Carole, Mayo, Carpenter, Frutos; McCammon, Robinson. Subs: Kuipers (GK), Jarrett, Cox, T Elphick, Gatting.

Southampton: Niemi; Baird, Kenton, Hajto, Cranie; Belmadi, Folly, Quashie, Dyer; Best, Blackstock. Subs: Smith (GK), Ormerod, Prutton, Walcott, Mills.

Referee: Mike Riley

Last edited:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
So a wealth of experience on the bench then...

Also note it's Tommy Elphick on the bench

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Be good to see Cox get on.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
Jonathon Livingstone said:
Safe to say that Leon must be on his way?!

it would certainly seem that way

but comon get behind the team we have to make do with what we're given

COME ON THE ALBIONNNNNN

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
McGhee has lost the f*cking plot.

Come on Brighton, hope you win despite that pratt in charge.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Commentary is on BBC Radio Solent (96.1FM as well), available on the internet. Have to listen to Southampton commentators going on about their place in the "elite" last season, but better than nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here