Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA v Boro or BHA v Hereford?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there is a thread on here somewhere asking if we will cry on going up to the premiership.
I did listening to the Hereford game
after the cup final
after listening to the replay
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
and of coarse after Newcastle, but that took a while (had to get over the huge hangover first)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Emotionally, obviously Hereford.

Can't help but feel they are not comparable though, the positive vibes going into these games vs the sickening anxiety I felt going there as a 14yo.

Happier times nowadays.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt anything the Albion achieve in my lifetime will make me happier than I was at full time at Hereford.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Were we to win promotion, next year's Premier League and then reach the Champions League Final, it would still be Hereford.

Unless we ever face non existence again, it will always be Hereford.

You could extend that to winning the Champions League Final, then winning the UEFA Super Cup, and winning the world cup championship and it would still be Hereford.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we don't win against Derby and Boro, we go into the playoffs - not a disaster. If we don't win the playoffs we play another season in the Championship with 22K season ticket holders and probably a better squad than we started with this season - not a disaster.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not even a discussion. The only way Boro is more important to you is if you weren't born in 1997. And even then I'd question your understanding of our proud (and not so proud) history.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hereford followed very closely by the 82/83 FA Cup 1/4 and Semi Final.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
1. Hereford v Brighton

2 Brighton v Derby 2 May

3. Middlesborough v Brighton 7 May

Not sure where to put the play-off final this year, but again depends on results in play-off semi-finals if Brighton have to go that route

This - is the answer.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Hereford without question.
But you do have to bear in mind that all those fans now in their early twenties and younger were not around (or too young) to be have experienced the whole background and emotion of that season, so cannot compare it at all.
Apart from the game itself, the whole day now seems to belong to a bygone era. Muggy day, brooding atmosphere, the clatter of the helicopter, the wailing of the police sirens, shallow terraces, riot police in full combat gear, police dogs and horses - all now vastly different to today's sanitised football environment (except the crush on the train).

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
^ I'd be one of them, being just 4 at the time. I take great interest in watching the news clips of that season, really does show how far BHA have come. What also interests me is how different things were even at a time when I was alive!

I can see how being so close to being dropped into the non-league and losing our home at the same time would have been the end. But I can also see how much of a big deal the Boro game is, the biggest opportunity the club can get to reach the dreamland. Leicester and Spurs' outstanding season makes this the perfect time.

I'm looking forward to working the Derby game!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Unless we find ourselves in the same position again in future, there never will be a game more important to us than Hereford away. You can't play big games if there's no club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here