Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BHA & Motherwell, an overhyped view.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It started to rain, so you went to Withdean? Was she not familiar with the "stadium"?

Far too familiar. That was the problem :lolol:

el punal

Hope you didn’t give him too hard a time - from his photo he looks about 14 years old. His ridiculous article reinforces that he’s about 14 too.

To be honest I wasn’t scathing. In essence I just told him to research the history of the club, get his facts right, and, try getting the views of die hard Albion fans to avoid the nonsense that he came up with. I was the headmaster and he was the errant schoolboy - I hope that he has learned his lesson. :drink:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Luckily for him then that grounds are dry in Scotland.

:facepalm:

Try responding with something knowledgeable. The guy is wrong but to give Motherwell and other Scottish Clubs shit isn't all that helpful. Motherwell as a small Club try very hard but it isn't easy when clubs like Celtic and Rangers haa "Monopoly" based on Bigotry and people's indoctrination on of their children.

Yeh I knew I would find a way of being a Motherwell fan

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The experience is geared towards tourists. Season ticket holders are seemingly put to one side in favour of catering to people like me on a day out"

What pure and utter unmitigated BOLLOCKS.

I'm sure somewhere within this pitiful article he's grasping for a "BHA are rich, Premier League = BAD / Motherwell are impoverished, MTL = GOOD" narrative, but he's failed on every level. Just comes across as a typical bitter scotch, desperate to justify how five and a half thousand against St Mirren is infinitely preferable to 30k+ taking part in what is actually a proper league. Does he even have a clue where we've had to come from to get to where we are ? I've watched this club at every level, amongst crowds of 1,500 and 80,000, so he can poke his sneering assessment of BHA right up his tartan rusty brown sheriffs badge. We've finally come good and are enjoying it, and we cuffing well DESERVE it.

Motherwell. Fvcking hell.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
That said, there does seem to be an inordinate number of people at matches who want the selfie by the badge, who queue for the shop and spend an age trying to find their seats.

And that is a problem...........WHY?
My grandson wanted his picture by the badge and that dog statue thing.....he wanted a hat from the shop...

Ive seen plenty of Away fans having selfies taken in front of the badge and the Amex.... that makes me proud of the AMEX not a complainer. ( like yourself)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The blog contained so many inaccuracies due to insufficient research, that the blogger probably has a future in the Boris cabinet.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And that is a problem...........WHY?
My grandson wanted his picture by the badge and that dog statue thing.....he wanted a hat from the shop...

Ive seen plenty of Away fans having selfies taken in front of the badge and the Amex.... that makes me proud of the AMEX not a complainer. ( like yourself)

Where was I complaining? I was observing. The person who wrote the article seems to have made his mind up by what he’s seen at the Amex, and he’s not wrong with regards what he’s seen, but you’re suggesting he’s misunderstood. I’ve seen the groups of fans who do look and sound like tourists, but perhaps they’re not. I’ve seen people looking for their seats, I’ve seen people trying to get in the wrong entrances, in particular the west stand reception entrance where they are redirected to the WSL and WSU entrances. I’m not complaining, just pointing out that the writer of the article probably has seen the things he’s described, albeit it would seem that he’s jumped to the wrong conclusion,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Idiotic not to realise that most of the seats at The Amex are held by STHs.

On the other hand, if you can just rack up at Motherwell, shove your money at the bloke by the turnstile and wander in, like we used to at The Goldstone Ground, I can see the attraction in that too. No shops, no concourse (and no seats either - though sadly I need to sit down these days!)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Idiotic not to realise that most of the seats at The Amex are held by STHs.

On the other hand, if you can just rack up at Motherwell, shove your money at the bloke by the turnstile and wander in, like we used to at The Goldstone Ground, I can see the attraction in that too. No shops, no concourse (and no seats either - though sadly I need to sit down these days!)

I go to watch Wealdstone FC now again (as AmexRuislip will testify to). To be perfectly honest, I get the same buzz walking towards their ground as I do the Amex. Because I want
the team to win. The 'outside ground' atmosphere means nothing to me to be honest. The atmosphere at Wealdstone is just as passionate and entertaining as the Amex - a lot quieter
obviously, but there you are standing right next to the lino and the players.

Yes - it's funny handing over £13 quid at the gate, but I enjoy it all the same.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it amazing that some people seemingly take such exception to those who may not be regular visitors to the Amex. Maybe we got it all wrong. Perhaps we should have built a 10k stadium so that only the DIE HARDS of the Gory Years are allowed to attend, along with a household bill with a BN postcode as proof they're not a "daytripper".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Try responding with something knowledgeable. The guy is wrong but to give Motherwell and other Scottish Clubs shit isn't all that helpful. Motherwell as a small Club try very hard but it isn't easy when clubs like Celtic and Rangers haa "Monopoly" based on Bigotry and people's indoctrination on of their children.

Yeh I knew I would find a way of being a Motherwell fan
I just find it bizarre that he complains about music and beer outside the stadium. Luckily that isn't a problem for him in Scotland.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be fair, it's probably quite hard to enjoy yourself if you're watching Motherwell Vs St Mirren.

You can if you are a Motherwell fan - And trust me. All the Iranians who follow Brighton because of Jahanbkhash get a lot of enjoyment when Brighton win

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I just find it bizarre that he complains about music and beer outside the stadium. Luckily that isn't a problem for him in Scotland.

That's a brilliant aspect about a day at the Amex - The band outside playing I think is superb. Even if I don't like the music

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Absolute nothing of interest in his article. I'd suspect this is the peak of his journalistic career. Back to collecting trolleys at Tesco !

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Match day experience is always likely to be markedly different. Motherwell is a town with a similar size population to Burgess Hill. The ground is about a mile from the town centre. Brighton is a city and the Amex is not a ten minute stroll from the centre. You need to plan your transport and arrival time. It's bound to be different and if there's a cheerful atmosphere as fans gather, then what's the problem? For me, watching football at the Amex or at Easter Road, the atmosphere varies depending on a number of factors, excitement, rivalry etc. A few years since I've been to Fir Park but I don't imagine it's so different. Its a load of nonsense to suggest that the Amex is full of day trippers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
band playing Bruno Mars’ Uptown Funk

We waited to see someone outside the club shop, before goin in, and I can assure you the three guys were not playing anything like Bruno Mars Uptown Funk. It was classic rock & roll stuff from Elvis and Little Richard.

Did he just nick a couple of stock photos and make the rest up?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think I already said ''I think he is wrong'' - The best way to respond is not to slate a Club you probably don't know anything about. - Motherwell try very hard to link the Community to the club and they are reasonably successful but they face Religious Bigotry and sadly that seems to win in Scotland, despite all of the below

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11796/10635922/motherwell-become-fan-owned-club-for-1

The guy is probably just proud of his Club like most are. The article strikes me as a little lad on his holidays in Brighton with his family and like most kids these days, they all write ''Blogs'' - The lad is wrong. One of my mates is a Director of the Club now who went with me to the ground as a kid when you used to ask adults to lift you over the turnstile to get in for free. So to be in touching distance of decision makin at a Club. The lad is probably very proud of that.

I cut the lad some slack but one thing I hated was him linking Jamie Murphy to the article .

He can only dream of where Brighton are and that why I initially said ''It's a green with envy'' article.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think I already said ''I think he is wrong'' - The best way to respond is not to slate a Club you probably don't know anything about. - Motherwell try very hard to link the Community to the club and they are reasonably successful but they face Religious Bigotry and sadly that seems to win in Scotland, despite all of the below

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11796/10635922/motherwell-become-fan-owned-club-for-1

The guy is probably just proud of his Club like most are. The article strikes me as a little lad on his holidays in Brighton with his family and like most kids these days, they all write ''Blogs'' - The lad is wrong. One of my mates is a Director of the Club now who went with me to the ground as a kid when you used to ask adults to lift you over the turnstile to get in for free. So to be in touching distance of decision makin at a Club. The lad is probably very proud of that.

I cut the lad some slack but one thing I hated was him linking Jamie Murphy to the article .

He can only dream of where Brighton are and that why I initially said ''It's a green with envy'' article.
I haven't in any way slated Motherwell.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I haven't in any way slated Motherwell.

Read one of your quotes back and got overly sensitive without taking it in context. Apologies...………………

Had read it walking home and took it out of context. I did say I had been out on the piss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here