Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bha managers job - The Poison Chalice?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can we keep him ? Or is it unethical to create a freak show with a mentally challenged troll these days ?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Did you mean the "Poisoned Chalice", or do you think this chalice holds poison, or are you just a bit septic (like "scramble eggs")?

Either way, I choose not to answer.

Mostly because your question betrays you as someone who I'd be better off not entering into any form of dialogue with.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
You Trolls write some crap on here

For the record Chris Hughton will consolidate the team well above the relegation zone this season - clear some players out in the summer and bring in some more of his own players in the summer with the backing of the board

Chris is here for the long term in the dream job taking the team upwards to where we belong challenging well within the top six next season

Is the correct answer!

Nov 27, 2009
1995/1996 Tue 12 Mar Brighton & HA 1 - 2 Oxford Utd. Division 2

Last time we played Oxford in the league we were 2nd from bottom and they were 2nd from top in the old division 2. We were soon to become homeless.

Thanks for the perspective OP. Despite things not being great at the moment for us, it's a healthy reminder how far we've come and how things could be so much worse - we could be Oxford fans.

True things could be much worse, look at Hereford, or bha themselves at Gillingham. Why I can never understand is that when these bad times happened for Brighton, where were these 20,000 moaning "plastics" that have crawled from under a rock since the good times have returned.
From Withdean, averaging around 6000 people, overnight to 25000 average at the Amex. True, loyal fans, always be there for the team fans? Clearly not, more fickle, plastic, selective, part time moaners!:thumbsup:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
True things could be much worse, look at Hereford, or bha themselves at Gillingham. Why I can never understand is that when these bad times happened for Brighton, where were these 20,000 moaning "plastics" that have crawled from under a rock since the good times have returned.
From Withdean, averaging around 6000 people, overnight to 25000 average at the Amex. True, loyal fans, always be there for the team fans? Clearly not, more fickle, plastic, selective, part time moaners!:thumbsup:

I've been supporting the Albion for over 20 years. But I'd still class myself as a plastic. Any true die hard fan of now, would've been there when we fought for our beloved County ground.

Rangers!!

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

I'm beginning to smell Crystal Palace FC here masquerading cunningly under the guise of Oxford United FC. Do one Palace troll, you've hooked a decent amount of bait in 5 years, but the game's up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
From Withdean, averaging around 6000 people, overnight to 25000 average at the Amex.

I didn't think Withdean could hold 25,000.
Thanks for putting me right.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I have four theories about our decline, either:

1) The club executives, agents, scouts & recruiters whoever they may be are incompetent at securing deals for decent players or scouting for good players in the first place.
2) The club is irrationally frugal, overly concerned about balancing our books or adhering to FFP to the extent that it's hurting our prospects in the long term which means hurting us financially in the long term.
3) The club is deeper in the hole than we thought or Tony Bloom's worth has declined significantly, meaning we have significantly less purchasing power than we used to.
4) Most of the other teams in the championship are way over-leveraged, bidding up the price of good players out of reach of financially responsible teams, which may lead to eventual misery and serious financial problems, or FFP sanctions, for many of these teams; with Brighton being one of the few teams not to go down this path, at the cost of being near bottom of the table.

So which is it?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have four theories about our decline, either:

1) The club executives, agents, scouts & recruiters whoever they may be are incompetent at securing deals for decent players or scouting for good players in the first place.
2) The club is irrationally frugal, overly concerned about balancing our books or adhering to FFP to the extent that it's hurting our prospects in the long term which means hurting us financially in the long term.
3) The club is deeper in the hole than we thought or Tony Bloom's worth has declined significantly, meaning we have significantly less purchasing power than we used to.
4) Most of the other teams in the championship are way over-leveraged, bidding up the price of good players out of reach of financially responsible teams, which may lead to eventual misery and serious financial problems, or FFP sanctions, for many of these teams; with Brighton being one of the few teams not to go down this path, at the cost of being near bottom of the table.

So which is it?
Stability, changing manager every season is not a good remedy for success. Altbough I agree Hypia had to go the club should of done alot more to keep Oscar IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here