Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Put it a slightly different way, if we got our hands on Blackman for £3m, we'd be delighted. For a player heading towards the peak of his career, topping the goalscoring Championship parts, with pace and skill, it's an absolute bargain. I can only surmise that those who don't think it is haven't been paying attention to how rare goalscoring forwards are at this level and, subsequently, how much they cost.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It does look good value just taking it at face value but whos to say the 13 in 28 is his.natural goalscoring level rather than the 9 in 85

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Benno goes to Blackburn, does that mean Marshall will become available ? ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Benno goes to Blackburn, does that mean Marshall will become available ? ???

I would love Marshall, good footballer, good set piece delivery and a long throw... its a win all round.

I see Blackamn only has 6 months left on his contract hence the 3 million figure, it would be double that if he had a couple of years to run.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt Barnes contract up in the summer and he had indicated he wasnt going to sign a new one. So we were shafted and had to accept what was offered. Burnleys was probably the best.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blackman was out of contract in the summer wasn't he? If so, it makes the money we received for Barnes look pitiful.

Does it? Not really. I think you'll find Blackman's record this season is better than Barnes ever achieved at our level (or above).

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would love Marshall, good footballer, good set piece delivery and a long throw... its a win all round..

Good spot. Marshall would be a very useful fit for us, he's versatile so could help our defensive problem in the shorter term and then make a good utility player - can play wide, is pretty quick and has an eye for goal.

Didn't we look at him in the recent past?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Does it? Not really. I think you'll find Blackman's record this season is better than Barnes ever achieved at our level (or above).

And shite before that. Pays yer money, takes your choice.

Can someone answer the first part of my post? Was Blackman out of contract in the summer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here