Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHA games on TV

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I was just checking upcoming recordings on my Virgin Tivo box, and spotted two more Brighton games which are being shown live, that I hadn't noticed before: Everton (BT) and Arsenal (Sky). The Arsenal one isn't showing as a TV pick on the BHA website.

It made me realise that seven out of our final ten games this season will be live on TV (would've been eight out of eleven had we got through to the cup final): Man Utd SF, Notts Forest, Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Newcastle and Man City. Other than in Covid times I don't think we've ever had such coverage...

Another example how a #TeamLikeBrighton isn't under the radar at the moment, with the broadcasters realising that we play extremely entertaining football these days. :ascarf:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aren't we right down on the quota of live games shown, so these games would have needed airing anyway?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Aren't we right down on the quota of live games shown, so these games would have needed airing anyway?
Fair comment. When Burnley finished 7th a few years ago and qualified for Europe they were only on TV seven times that season (but were paid for ten).

Broadcasters want eyeballs, so it’s the usual suspects at top of table and relegation matches, which prompt viewings from rival relegation fans, that result in higher levels of engagement.

Villa v the Albion last day of season with both clubs playing superb football and potentially a European place at stake is huge for both clubs involved, but gets a ‘Meh’ from many others.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Fair comment. When Burnley finished 7th a few years ago and qualified for Europe they were only on TV seven times that season (but were paid for ten).

Broadcasters want eyeballs, so it’s the usual suspects at top of table and relegation matches, which prompt viewings from rival relegation fans, that result in higher levels of engagement.

Villa v the Albion last day of season with both clubs playing superb football and potentially a European place at stake is huge for both clubs involved, but gets a ‘Meh’ from many others.
Last game of the season picks haven't been decided yet. Sky and BT usually decide once they know the permutations. And as all games kick off at the same time, no worries about deciding at short notice. Therefore, depending upon whether the title and relegation places have been decided, and whether Villa can still qualify for Europe and what we are able to achieve from a positive result, there is a good chance that Villa v Brighton will be picked up for TV

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sounds about right. I was surprised though that the Arsenal game isn't showing as being on TV in the BHA Fixtures listing
Last game of the season picks haven't been decided yet. Sky and BT usually decide once they know the permutations. And as all games kick off at the same time, no worries about deciding at short notice. Therefore, depending upon whether the title and relegation places have been decided, and whether Villa can still qualify for Europe and what we are able to achieve from a positive result, there is a good chance that Villa v Brighton will be picked up for TV
Hope so for the sake of those who can’t attend.

Suspect Champions and CL places sorted by then. If relegation up for grabs still then likely to by The Leeds v Spurs shirley?

I think there may be more then one match being shown though.

IMG_1752.jpeg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Do we know if the Southampton game is on TV? Or is that far enough ahead that we wouldnt know yet?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Probably because Brighton and Villa don't end in Utd, City or Pool :shrug:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
One of the reasons for loads of our games being on TV now is the fact that we weren't on TV in the league from Jan to March (I think).

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
One of the reasons for loads of our games being on TV now is the fact that we weren't on TV in the league from Jan to March (I think).
Yes, and our games they wanted to show (Man U, Newcastle and City) all got moved due to FA Cup/League Cup clashes. Hence 3 midweek games on TV

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
How many games have we had in total LIVE in the EPL this season - to determine how much extra revenue we are entitled to?
If at all

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When we were promoted from Div 2 in 2017, 17 of our 46 league matches were on the box.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Expecting City to have the league sewn up before the last day but I assume Brentford v City will obviously be a live game so they can air the trophy lift. Beyond that, with the relegation battle being so tight and the different permutations I reckon the other live games will all feature relegation threatened teams rather than our game at Villa.
Leeds v Spurs will be very likely if Spurs also need a result to secure a Europa League place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here