Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] BHA Council New Lows

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Absolutely disgraceful comment given that member is currently taking time out away from here due to other things posted.

Well below the belt, shame on you as a moderator
Why is it disgraceful ? The poster in question has often boasted about his wealth and also publicly made racist jokes. He then does a flounce due to his religious leanings. Not sure what @Guinness Boy has posted is disgraceful ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did we need a thread on this? I don't live in the area and am unsure which party runs the local council now, so I don't even know who it is I am supposed to be angry with. :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did we need a thread on this? I don't live in the area and am unsure which party runs the local council now, so I don't even know who it is I am supposed to be angry with. :shrug:
Something, something poppies, something Labour, something something parking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is it disgraceful ? The poster in question has often boasted about his wealth and also publicly made racist jokes. He then does a flounce due to his religious leanings. Not sure what @Guinness Boy has posted is disgraceful ?
This. His flounce was totally unjustified as well, the claims he made were not totally true in my opinion. I love a good flounce, but not one based on false foundations.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely disgraceful comment given that member is currently taking time out away from here due to other things posted.

Well below the belt, shame on you as a moderator

Are you sure ? I thought he was still around long after his Islamophobic and anti disabled jokes were posted.
I guess we'd better retire this emoji too :flounce:before someone gets upset by it :wink:

Back on Topic, piss poor by the council for even discussing it, but it isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It’s certainly tone deaf to charge the organisers of the parade and surely you could find between £180 - £400 somewhere else?

Perhaps the councillor who once claimed to be the richest man on NSC could make a donation out of his salary and expenses?
Yes take it from the massive salaries of those top levels of employees who continue to mismanage council finances.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Penny pinching, if commercially time-costed, the admin would cost more.

Plus a drop in the parking income ocean, BHCC made a £15.1m surplus on parking services in 2021/22.
All surplus has to go on transport projects. The vast majority goes on paying for bus passes and subsidising routes to the suburbs.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To add insult to injury, this year the council’s parking services team told those volunteers that they would have to pay £180 because 10 parking bays would be out of action for three hours.

Is it really £6 an hour to park in Brighton and Hove? Or am I missing something?
About 10 years ago on a visit I hired a car and we met the grandkids for lunch in Brighton. We were maybe 3 hrs and the car park charge was 21 quid.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Whilst we're here ranting. This really annoyed me:

"This clean up is part of our ‘Big Clean’ event series

.....We’re also asking the city’s brilliant Tidy Up Team volunteers to get involved and reaching out to local businesses and community groups to support our City Centre Big Clean event too."

1. Why does everything in this country need a bloody slogan.
2. Is it too much to ask that we just have a council who keeps the city clean like they're supposed to?

The word is profit not surplus.
Wrong, all councils in the UK are non profit organisations. Any net gain (or surplus) for any service the council provides is to be used to either offset loss making operations or to be returned to central government.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst we're here ranting. This really annoyed me:

"This clean up is part of our ‘Big Clean’ event series

.....We’re also asking the city’s brilliant Tidy Up Team volunteers to get involved and reaching out to local businesses and community groups to support our City Centre Big Clean event too."

2. Is it too much to ask that we just have a council who keeps the city clean like they're supposed to?

‘We need a City Centre Big Clean because we’ve failed again in our responsibilities’ isn’t quite as catchy I guess ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The fact that the idea even occurred just shows how far out of touch many politicians, bureaucrats and public sector workers have become from the ordinary person on the street.
Can public sector workers not be 'the ordinary person on the street' then? That rules out a good 17% or more of the working population from being ordinary.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could’ve been worse, it might have been another three word slogan. “Make Brighton Clean”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here