Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting advice please

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
HOORAY, they paid out, I've emptied my account, just in case

Wait until the money is actually in your bank account. I once withdrew about £2000 from bet365 after meeting a bonus rollover requirement in a dodgy way, and the money never got paid. I pleaded with them that my bets were honest they they eventually credited the betting account and allowed me to meet the roll over requirement fairly.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
It DOES happen, rarely I admit, where you can shop around (Oddschecker for example) and if firms take a certain view on a game then bets can be placed to a no lose scenario. The stakes may not be great, but a win is a win.

Maybe between different firms forsure, but not 6/4 each of two in a two horse race with the same firm...def a palp

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Maybe between different firms forsure, but not 6/4 each of two in a two horse race with the same firm...def a palp

Agree with that. I made few hundred risk free when we beat Newcastle in the cup the 2nd time as Ladbrokes and hills were both odds against in the "to qualify" market, but never seen it with same firm, apart from if the market moves and you can cover the bet.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The op got lucky that the genuine 6/4 shot (the ace) came in...

If the US Open winner got his racquet on the ace in question he would be down 50% of his 'large stake' !!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
These glitches do happen, and when/if they do jump in with both feet. Worse case scenario you get a refund. A while ago on a well known betting forum a city trader guy started to spot anomalies early. Early on he gave a South African nag at 100/1 that other firms were showing single figures. Anyhow it won and for a while he proved really useful highlighting bookmaker's faults with prices.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Agree with that. I made few hundred risk free when we beat Newcastle in the cup the 2nd time as Ladbrokes and hills were both odds against in the "to qualify" market, but never seen it with same firm, apart from if the market moves and you can cover the bet.

I did the same in a less joyous situation when we were evens to qual v Palace in the playoffs with Sky, and Palace were 11/10 to qual with Stan James

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The op got lucky that the genuine 6/4 shot (the ace) came in...

If the US Open winner got his racquet on the ace in question he would be down 50% of his 'large stake' !!

No I wouldn't have been, because I had backed both options, at the same odds(6/4), for the same stake e.g. to get the ace £100 at 6/4 realising £250, and to NOT get the ace £100 at 6/4 =£250( including stake) It didn't matter if he got the ace or not,the profit was £50

My stake wasn't£100 btw

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
No I wouldn't have been, because I had backed both options, at the same odds(6/4), for the same stake e.g. to get the ace £100 at 6/4 realising £250, and to NOT get the ace £100 at 6/4 =£250( including stake) It didn't matter if he got the ace or not,the profit was £50

My stake wasn't£100 btw

Mate, they wouldn't have paid you 6/4 if there was not an ace...I was in the business for 30 years and i can assure they don't pay on palp errors

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
really

My stake wasn't£100 btw

A few still don't get it but you did. Did you have both bets go on at same time? Otherwise you would have had a few sweaty seconds that the price would change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here