Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Better team than Play - Offs 2013 ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Last season we went into the playoffs following a dull game (and arguably a lacklustre performance) against Wolves. I can't help but think that the euphoria of Saturday is an advantage. And it was gratifying to see Oscar's reaction too. That in itself has to be significant given what we now know about Gus's state of mind this time last year.

If you think we were lacklustre against Wolves what do you think of our recent performances?

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
If you think we were lacklustre against Wolves what do you think of our recent performances?

Recently I can only speak for Charlton, Yeovil and Forest, all of which I enjoyed more than the Wolves game. I take your point - but I'm thinking more about the mood and atmosphere surrounding the team at this particular moment in time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Derby have three likely sources of goals - Martin, Bryson, Bamford. We have one - Ulloa.

Derby rested Martin for the trip to Leeds, whereas Ulloa is showing signs of tiredness. If we are going to overcome Derby then I feel one or two other players have to step up. I've been disappointed with Buckley and Orlandi - they've worked hard but where is the wonderful skill we saw in glimpses last season? Lingard is young and still relatively fresh, he could be our key man over the two legs.

Dec 3, 2012
It doesn't matter if you are better than last year. You need to have the ability and nerve to deliver on the night.

The fans need to get it together as well. Very surprised how quiet they were on Saturday when only 1 goal was needed.

The team strengthened a lot during the course of the last season with the arrival of Ulloa and Upson, so while I think we've generally had a stronger squad this current season over the entire season this year than last, I'd say we're pretty similar if you just focus on the two play-offs campaigns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here