Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bets on Brighton v Woking.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
As it's on TV, you can bet on pretty much everything online..

Looking at OVER 3.5 goals @ 7/4. :shrug:

Anyone else betting on it?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Woking at 5/1 is tempting!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As it's on TV, you can bet on pretty much everything online..

Looking at OVER 3.5 goals @ 7/4. :shrug:

Anyone else betting on it?

I'm pretty naive when it comes to understanding betting but why is it over 3.5 goals considering you can't get half a goal - why not a whole number ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If it was "over 3 goals" & "under 3 goals" then you'd have to have a market for "exactly 3 goals".

"Over 3.5 goals" is 4 goals or MORE. "Under 3.5 goals" is 3 goals or LESS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MIght be worth lumping on Woking if Gus is playing the ressies again.

I might have the betting site primed and ready for as soon as I hear the team news. If I can get 5/1 on Woking or more then I'm ALL OVER that.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
9/2 Woking in-shop, 5/1 online.

Arthur how does that all work?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Woking v Brighton & Hove Albion
Referee: R East
Assistant Referees: D K Rock & I J Cooper
Fourth Official: G D Scott

Does that mean lots of bookings?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
9/2 Woking in-shop, 5/1 online.

Arthur how does that all work?

Depends which market you are talking about, all of them work on the same theory though. A bit like the stock market you have a buy price and a sell price if you think the market is going to perform worse than the predicted price then you'd sell if you think it's going to do better then you'd buy.

So for the goals it's 2.8 - 3 so if you thought they'd be more than 3 goals then you'd buy at 3. Other wise you'd sell at 2.8.

So say it's 0-0 and you've sold at 2.8 at £50 point you'd win £50 X 2.8 so £140. However if it finished 3-2 the markup would be 2.2 in the negative you'd lose £50 X 2.2 £110.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Depends which market you are talking about, all of them work on the same theory though. A bit like the stock market you have a buy price and a sell price if you think the market is going to perform worse than the predicted price then you'd sell if you think it's going to do better then you'd buy.

So for the goals it's 2.8 - 3 so if you thought they'd be more than 3 goals then you'd buy at 3. Other wise you'd sell at 2.8.

So say it's 0-0 and you've sold at 2.8 at £50 point you'd win £50 X 2.8 so £140. However if it finished 3-2 the markup would be 2.2 in the negative you'd lose £50 X 2.2 £110.

Ahh right, cheers.

So it's got potential to be VERY dangerous!

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton to win 3-1 (10/1).
Calderon first goal (33/1).
Scorecast (230/1).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ahh right, cheers.

So it's got potential to be VERY dangerous!

Yes indeed, obviously you adjust the stake to whatever you like and you can setup max loss cut off points however it's done in running so obviously some markets can change for the better but also for the worse.

I tend to stick on bookings, corners, goals and supremacy on football.

Cricket is the most dangerous sport, an opening batsman runs will normally start at around 50 or 60. Obviously they can quite often get nowhere near that and often they can go on and score hundreds.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I might have the betting site primed and ready for as soon as I hear the team news. If I can get 5/1 on Woking or more then I'm ALL OVER that.

I hope this is tongue in cheek. It's clear that a) he didn't play the ressies in the last game and b) it's the players attitudes that was the problem, not the players per se in the first match.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I have a feeling we'll go all out to spank them and win back some momentum for the league.

El Abd or Bennett to score at any time please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here