Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bet 365

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Had a rather peculiar, but fortunate run in with cash out on 365 today.

Had a fourfold bet on the European games today and had 3 results in and just needed Hungary or Azerbaijan to score a second goal for the bet to come in.

Azerbaijan duly scored in the 92nd minute and I hit the cash out button, as it was showing a penny more profit then my bet should have returned. I got my £253 in my account - happy days!

There was then a stewards enquiry and the goal was scrubbed off - however I had "cashed out" and it had gone through. 30 minutes later the money is still in my account, so a strange and unexpected benefit of cash out.

Edit - the bar stewards have just taken their/my money back!!!

I’m sure that extra penny is a way of Bet365 fiddling with the cash out figures. Means they can turn around and say “75% of people who cashed out early made more than they would have if they’d let their bet run” when reality most of that percentage comes directly from them fiddling the numbers

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As an novice matched bettor using exchanges to lay, I learned a lesson early on to avoid mid game bets and lays (not at half time), in matches where everyone’s piling in mid event. From memory, I lost out where Bet365 suspended the entire back bet market on about 65 minutes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As an novice matched bettor using exchanges to lay, I learned a lesson early on to avoid mid game bets and lays (not at half time), in matches where everyone’s piling in mid event. From memory, I lost out where Bet365 suspended the entire back bet market on about 65 minutes.

As you now know, the golden rule Is always ensure your back bet has gone through before you press go on your lay bet. Worst case scenario is you lose your back bet but that could be £100's less than if your lay bet loses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here