Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Bet 365 Grand National offer now live

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Grand National this weekend. (There is another recent thread if anyone wants to talk horse welfare)

Anyone who wants a bet, 365 have just opened up their Annual offer for the National where you get half your stake back. For example £10 EW on Delta work would normally cost you £20 quid but only £10 comes out of your account. It's about the best offer going all year from any bookmaker and puts the odds heavily in the punters favour. That's not to say you can't lose and all that.

Key points

- Offer is only open for existing accounts - Open a new one and you won't get it i'm afraid
- Place your bets by 11.59 on Sat to take advantage. Anything later doesn't get the offer

Runners here. Happy punting.

https://www.grandnational.org.uk/grand-national-runners.php

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I used to do this to the max on both family accounts and it's hard not to make a profit (with two accounts). For the first 3-4 years made a few hundred quid each time. Now gubbed by them. This is the best offer by any bookies all year imho.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is indeed a generous offer.

Provided the ground is not extreme, you can eliminate several no hopers and leave yourself in a situation where the chance of making a few quid is strongly in your favour.
I recall a few years back trying to work out which of the four in contention at the 2nd last would suit me best.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Grand National this weekend. (There is another recent thread if anyone wants to talk horse welfare)

Anyone who wants a bet, 365 have just opened up their Annual offer for the National where you get half your stake back. For example £10 EW on Delta work would normally cost you £20 quid but only £10 comes out of your account. It's about the best offer going all year from any bookmaker and puts the odds heavily in the punters favour. That's not to say you can't lose and all that.

Key points

- Offer is only open for existing accounts - Open a new one and you won't get it i'm afraid
- Place your bets by 11.59 on Sat to take advantage. Anything later doesn't get the offer

Runners here. Happy punting.

https://www.grandnational.org.uk/grand-national-runners.php

Is the Grand National on Sunday this year?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My horse tipping isn't the best but if it gets round Death Duty has a big chance @25-1
Great name for a horse about to jump ridiculously high fences. :facepalm: I'll put my money on Screen and Shotgun with a cheeky E/W on Glue Factory.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Any TIPS for us mug punters?

The National is a different test to what it was 10 /15 years ago as the fences are lower with fewer chances of fallers and therefore hard luck in running stories.The handicapper can also tweak the ratings here to give some horses a better (or worse) chance. In short this means the classier horses at the head of the betting are probably your best bet.

DELTA WORK won the cross country chase at Cheltenham which has been about the best pointer for the National in recent years. The only question mark is that he has never run over Aintree fences.There's nothing to put you off MINELLA TIMES (last years winner) either. Sure to contract in price with Rachel Blackmore riding as well.

MIGHTY THUNDER is a big price if returning to his form of last year. Won some big races like the Scottish National which is run under similar conditions to the GN. Likewise LOST IN TRANSLATION is a big price for a horse that's Aintree record is a win and a second.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The National is a different test to what it was 10 /15 years ago as the fences are lower with fewer chances of fallers and therefore hard luck in running stories.The handicapper can also tweak the ratings here to give some horses a better (or worse) chance. In short this means the classier horses at the head of the betting are probably your best bet.

DELTA WORK won the cross country chase at Cheltenham which has been about the best pointer for the National in recent years. The only question mark is that he has never run over Aintree fences.There's nothing to put you off MINELLA TIMES (last years winner) either. Sure to contract in price with Rachel Blackmore riding as well.

MIGHTY THUNDER is a big price if returning to his form of last year. Won some big races like the Scottish National which is run under similar conditions to the GN. Likewise LOST IN TRANSLATION is a big price for a horse that's Aintree record is a win and a second.

Thanks

I had discounted Minella Times, as at the tiny stakes I'm playing with, its barely worth it - though the Bet365 offer effectively doubles all the odds...

I have now done my 'tenner':

£2 E/W Minella Times @ 9/1
£1 E/W Kildisart @ 40/1
£5 E/W De Rasher Counter @ 66/1
£2 E/W Lostintranslation @ 66/1

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
Just signed up to Bet 365 with a £10 cash not realising am not eligible for the bonus. Anyway put it on favourite on the first race today so now have £50 cash and £50 free bets which isn't bad.

How would NSC folk recommend I distribute this across the Grand National to maximise my returns? I was thinking £3 on each horse from favourite to least which will cover the first 33 horses. Can't lose I reckon :p

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Was tempted on the PP boost to 16/1 for Minella Times until I read this: "It will take two people to carry Rachael Blackmore’s saddle out to the saddling up boxes so much lead will there be (two and a half stone) in her weight cloth and Minella Times will, in reality, be carrying 12st 2lbs - meaning to win it would not be the best weight carrying performance since Red Rum won with 12st in 1974, it would have to be even better".

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The best time to place these bets is between 10 and 11:59 tomorrow morning as 365 price match the other major shysters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here