Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Bestest violent assaults in cinema

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At work we're having a standard Monday morning conversation, so I wondered what would beat (no pun intended) my offering.

(honourable mention to Stephen Graham in This Is England)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Watched Goodfellas the other night for the first time in a long, long time and the scene where Henry pistol whips that bloke several times in front of his mates, on a residential street, in broad daylight was pretty savage.

Not necessarily the shot / sequence itself which was OK but just the idea that this guy was so above the law he could just do that knowing there'd be little to no blowback.

I find that stuff scary.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ear cutting scene in Reservoir Dogs.

A scene legendary for having multiple bloopers. Courtesy of IMDb:

When Mr. Blonde is pouring gasoline on Marvin Nash, Nash's legs are taped to the chair. When the angle changes you can see his legs kicking up in the air. And then they go back to being taped up.

Mr. Blonde opens his barber blade twice.

"Stuck in the Middle With You" was released in April of 1973, not April of 1974 as the radio DJ says.

When Nice Guy Eddie shoots Nash, the muzzle-flashes from the gun and damage to Nash's chest don't appear close enough together.

When Eddie argues with Mr. Orange about the killing of Mr. Blonde, the police officer sitting dead on a chair (who was shot by Eddie a few seconds earlier) can be seen breathing.

And several others.

:moo: :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What an odd OP, this is something you actually think about?
The only line I've written on the subject would suggest not.

Colleague A (a young'un) was going on about a Marvel/DC film's fight scene he'd seen over the weekend.
Colleague B called CGI bullshit.

I, as the aged P, called them both ****s, sighting Morty and we went from there.
But I didn't get particularly far as it isn't something I think about.

I guess the thread should have been 'best song for a Monday' or something similarly inspirational.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here