Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best way to Olympic Park

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Finally managed to get some stadium tickets for Saturday morning.

Was looking at getting the train from Worthing, but may look at park and ride from Ebbsfleet. Anybody tried this way, as looks like the quicker option?

Cheers

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I went to the stadium several times during the Olympics and despite all the scare mongering it was easy

I went from Goring and changed at East Croydon and got the connecting train to London Bridge (next adjoining platform to one you get off)

Then the Jubilee Line all the way round to Stratford.

They used to announce on the tube that Stratford was very busy and you should get off at West Ham and walk for half an hour !!

That was tosh as easy each time (5+ visits) it took me 2hrs 15mins to go from Goring to being inside the Olympic Park (after all security and ticket checks)

Take your own grub as very expensive but beer or cider okay at £4.50 a pint. Pimms £10 a pint

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I take first capital connect to St Pancras, then the comfortable Javelin express train. Been really easy everytime.

2nd option would be London Bridge, but then you would have to spend time on the hot and sweaty underground.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Cor is parking an olympic event now, and have they opened it up to women yet:cheery:( like the boxing ) :catfight:

anyone got an old air raid shelter i can borrow:guns:

:jester:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Was looking at getting the train from Worthing, but may look at park and ride from Ebbsfleet. Anybody tried this way, as looks like the quicker option?

Cheers

I tried a number of different routes over the past couple of months, both at weekends and on weekdays. Train to London Bridge and Jubilee line to Stratford worked fine, as did Victoria line to St Pancras and the Javelin out to Stratford (a bit busier). If you want to avoid the tube then parking at Ebbsfleet is very straightforward and the Javelin only takes around 10 minutes into Stratford. The other benefit of this option is that the majority of people are travelling back into London at the end of the day, so going back to Ebbsfleet is a far quicker 'escape'. The only think you might want to check if using this option is how 'on the day' parking works at Ebbsfleet as we booked several weeks in advance (£8 for the day).

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
Definitely don't fall for the "West Ham is the quickest route to Central Line" thing. It might be true if you ignore the fact that you've walked halfway there. I agree with the London Bridge and Jubilee line route.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Worthing - Haywards Heath - St Pancras then High Speed to Stratford - did this yesterday from Eastbourne, had no problems at all.

DONT follow the route they advice by using West Ham, its a bit of a walk from the park and it takes longer than a couple of other ways.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
We went up last Saturday, got to London Bridge about 8.15am and although the Jubilee line platform was heaving we detoured onto the Northern line platform and went one stop north to Bank and then got the Central line to Stratford, dead simple and the Central line was practically empty and very quick.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I've done Ebbsfleet a few times, good journey, 1 stop on the high speed javelin train. (11 mins) .
It will cost £8 to park all day but the train is not cheap, weekdays, £29.40 return before 10am, £15.10 after. Not sure about weekends.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex

Cheers

I've done this route and it's really easy . After you parking you catch a bus (which is already waiting) to the station which takes no more than 5 mins then at the station you catch the express which takes 13 mins to Stratford. The express trains seem to go every few mins but again one was waiting for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here