Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best way to get to Bournemouth by train

el punal

This, although keep in mind the trains between Soton and Brighton are sloooooooooooow. 19 stops if I remember correctly, usually about 1h40m.

As I do this trip every home game on a Saturday there is a small compensation - that you drink copious amounts of beer/cider or whatever you fancy. My, how the time flies by. Mix in a discussion on how sh*t we are and what you would do to rectify the situation and you have 1hour 40 minutes of convivial entertainment.

Repeat process for return journey - marvellous.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
As I do this trip every home game on a Saturday there is a small compensation - that you drink copious amounts of beer/cider or whatever you fancy. My, how the time flies by. Mix in a discussion on how sh*t we are and what you would do to rectify the situation and you have 1hour 40 minutes of convivial entertainment.

Repeat process for return journey - marvellous.

Thankfully I only had to do the journey by train a few times when I lived there but the beer certainly helps. Do you bother going midweek or is it too tricky to try and get that last train home at around 22.10 or whenever?

el punal

Thankfully I only had to do the journey by train a few times when I lived there but the beer certainly helps. Do you bother going midweek or is it too tricky to try and get that last train home at around 22.10 or whenever?

Unfortunately, for mid-week evening games one has to drive one's car to watch our beloved team, as trains do not go back to Southampton after 9.30ish. I suppose you could do an exaggerated 85th minute exit by leaving at half-time, but that kind of defeats the object of the exercise. And, finally, because of having to drive the copious drink fest is out of the window. Still, you could always enjoy the diversions and night time roadworks that seem to be prevalent on the A27 for every Albion game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Quite a thread, how to get to Bournemouth on the train, imagine we really were "premiership ready" and in five years time we drew Partizan Tirana away in the Europa Cup, the thread would run for a thousand pages

It's funny because it's true! The "football family" that have attached themselves to England these days used to provide great amusement on the englandfans messageboard a couple of years back when I was a member.

What language do they speak? What money do they take? Do I need to take a plug socket adaptor? Will my mobile phone work? Will they except my credit card?

And of course the CLASSIC....

What pub is EVERYONE meeting at?

Going to places like Macedonia where you couldn't get any currency until you got there would send some people into melt down.

In answer to the original poster the best way to get to Bournemouth by train is to get on a train going to Bournemouth.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What is the best way to get Bournemouth to train ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
CamE down thurs took 4 hours but have done in 1hr 50

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite a thread, how to get to Bournemouth on the train, imagine we really were "premiership ready" and in five years time we drew Partizan Tirana away in the Europa Cup, the thread would run for a thousand pages

It's funny because it's true! The "football family" that have attached themselves to England these days used to provide great amusement on the englandfans messageboard a couple of years back when I was a member.

What language do they speak? What money do they take? Do I need to take a plug socket adaptor? Will my mobile phone work? Will they except my credit card?

And of course the CLASSIC....

What pub is EVERYONE meeting at?

Going to places like Macedonia where you couldn't get any currency until you got there would send some people into melt down.

In answer to the original poster the best way to get to Bournemouth by train is to get on a train going to Bournemouth.

It's feckin' unbelievable. I started going away in the late 80s and it was fairly simple. Look up train time. Buy ticket. Discuss leaving time with friends in pub before previous home game. Go to station. Get on train. Arrive at 11am. Find the nearest pub. Get ****faced. Follow the floodlights to the ground (not the crowd as if you were somewhere like Port Vale you'd end up at a caravan sale, boom-boom).

I fully expect technology to come up with an arsewiping machine in the next few years and for people of certain ages to spend all day on Facebook complaining theirs doesn't work and asking for advice.

I fully expect technology to come up with an arsewiping machine in the next few years and for people of certain ages to spend all day on Facebook complaining theirs doesn't work and asking for advice.
oh the irony if I was to type "LOL" or even worse "PMSL". I shall simply say, " I found this comment very amusing to say the least" or as the kids would say IFTCVATSTL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here