Best way to get rid of hicups

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

realbha

May 20, 2009
Had them for half and hour now thought I would try laying on the floor watching the cricket on the telly upside down . Worked for a bit till the dog tea bagged me with his hairy sack :tosser:

Your thoughts please mates

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Get a glass of water and drink it backwards - I can't explain it very well - urrrmmmm

glass of cold water instead of drinking it conventionally - hold it and lean forward and drink it from the other side of the glass forwards!!!

We always do this in our house when we have the hiccups - always works for us!!!! Think its because your concentrating so hard on not spilling the water the hiccups stop?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Get someone to think of a word and trace it one letter at a time onto your forehead. You have to work out what the word is.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Hold your breath for as long as you physically can, then down a glass of water. Never fails me EVER! The big gasp when you finish holding your breath seems to force all the air back into kilter.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Have a wank, it helps

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
put a paper bag over ya head and breathe deeply for 10 minutes or until the dinners cooked , works for her indoors :whistle:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Get a glass of water and drink it backwards - I can't explain it very well - urrrmmmm

glass of cold water instead of drinking it conventionally - hold it and lean forward and drink it from the other side of the glass forwards!!!

We always do this in our house when we have the hiccups - always works for us!!!! Think its because your concentrating so hard on not spilling the water the hiccups stop?

Works every time for me too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Lay flat on your back on a cold, hard floor for about 2-3 mins.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Most effective I've found, is hold your breath for 30 seconds, let it go, and then try and hold it for another 30. Works for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports