Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Best way to collect Avios?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What's the best way to collect Avios / Air Miles / BA Miles?

Through an Amex Card?

Other ways?

Do Air Miles still exist as such?

I have a credit card which used to give me money off EasyJet flights, but that's been withdrawn, so am looking to change.

Thanks everyone.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I have the BA American Express card, more and more places are accepting Amex now as they are more competitive with their fees they charge retailers. Avios are totting up nicely thank you 😊.

Last edited:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
What's the best way to collect Avios / Air Miles / BA Miles?

Through an Amex Card?

Other ways?

Do Air Miles still exist as such?

I have a credit card which used to give me money off EasyJet flights, but that's been withdrawn, so am looking to change.

Thanks everyone.

I recently got a Barclaycard linked to Avios. I think I got 10,000 Avios for spending £2k within first 3 months. Plus i get Avios on every purchase.

Seems to be working well.
I use the Barclaycard one too. We use it for all our 'normal' spending we'd otherwise spend from our current accounts, like the weekly shop, Netflix and so on and pay it all off at the end of the month.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Use BA Avios card.

Avios on every spend

Download the Avios app as well and us the app for purchases, spent £200 in Argos and got 200 points for the spend then another 950 on top as went through avios shop

Loads on there and places like Uber eats / pret etc.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
BA Avios card there is a free one, if you spend 12k in a year you get a companion voucher which basically gives you a free second seat for a companion on a flight that you book using your avios. £12k is a big disgressional spend for a lot of people but we are trying to put everything between us on it (at least places that will accept it) and have just bought a house so going for it!

The free card means you can only book this flight on standard seats but there is a trick to upgrading the card to the paid version on the month you register for the companion voucher and then immediately downgrading (at this point you will recieve the net £200 back). Being on the paid card means you get a companion voucher going first/business class. Not sure I CBA with that to be honest but that is how you can get most bang for your money.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I use the Barclaycard one too. We use it for all our 'normal' spending we'd otherwise spend from our current accounts, like the weekly shop, Netflix and so on and pay it all off at the end of the month.
Same here too; pretty much all purchases through the card and pay it off every month. Avios balance coming along nicely!

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
BA Avios card there is a free one, if you spend 12k in a year you get a companion voucher which basically gives you a free second seat for a companion on a flight that you book using your avios. £12k is a big disgressional spend for a lot of people but we are trying to put everything between us on it (at least places that will accept it) and have just bought a house so going for it!

The free card means you can only book this flight on standard seats but there is a trick to upgrading the card to the paid version on the month you register for the companion voucher and then immediately downgrading (at this point you will recieve the net £200 back). Being on the paid card means you get a companion voucher going first/business class. Not sure I CBA with that to be honest but that is how you can get most bang for your money.
Or one ticket with a 50% reduction in the required points.

Jul 7, 2003
Same here although I tend to pay it off as I go along for things like fuel, shopping, etc. I took mine out just before paying for a family holiday so managed to get plenty of bonus points as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here