Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best third party result

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unexpected? We absolutely walked the League. It was unexpected to get promoted that day, as we needed two other results to go our way as well as for us to win. But we had about 6 games left to play, if I can remember.

Maybe that's what you meant actually.
I was there for that game. Great weekend. The fact we got promoted did not strike me as particularly unexpected. Very welcome, of course.

But I was also in the North Stand when we thought we were going up to division 1, only to find that Stains and Spuds had signed non-aggression pact. So I have avoided conflating hope with expectation at the football ever since. These days I hope for everything and expect nothing. It helped me enormously during the Wilkins, Adams-2, Hyppia, er, Hughton, and Potter eras. It has kept me sanguine when all around me (and on NSC) are losing their shit, and it has made the steady progress over the last 15 years an absolute pleasure.

I was once told the the French attitude to international football (before the had won anything.....) was "France won? Great......France lost? Qui s'en fout un petit shit?". I'd contend that's me now, with The Albion.

Mind you.....I suspect everything changes after your club has won something...:ohmy::drool:

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I remember an unexpected midweek defeat for Notts County in the 71/2 promotion season, can't really remember the detail but it was important. I think there were a few towards the end of the Russell Slade / Lloyd Owusu escape, but again can't remember the detail.

Jimmy Grimble

I remember an unexpected midweek defeat for Notts County in the 71/2 promotion season, can't really remember the detail but it was important. I think there were a few towards the end of the Russell Slade / Lloyd Owusu escape, but again can't remember the detail.
The final day of the season under Slade definitely saw some favourable results for us. Crewe and Northampton both lost so it meant we only needed a point against Stockport. Because they were both losing heavily it made the last 15 or so of our game quite comfortable as we had just gone 1-0 up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t remember exactly but when we got promoted at Plymouth under Adams we had a number of results go our way. That promotion was a little bit unexpected.
I was there! It was a surprise

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was there! It was a surprise
Same here. I remember the other games finishing a minute or so before ours, and my father rang and said “when the whistle blows we’re promoted.” Cue celebrations! I was supposed to go back to London that day but ended up staying over somewhere and partying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here