Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Best team we've played so far"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It must be me but I thought that we played quite well tonight as we looked very strong at the back and very good in central midfield although a little lacking up front and out wide with AK playing in an unusual position.
I thought we were almost good, but we kept making mistakes and losing momentum. I've never seen so many pass interceptions as Bong (or anyone) to Murphy, it was farcical. Things weren't quite working for Knocky, but he kept trying and got his reward.

Dunk was great again. I hope people remember that when he next makes a costly mistake (which all central defenders will do at some point).

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I would agree we didn't play to our best especially the midfield . But if you look at our defence yesterday we were pretty solid and hard to break down . That will be they key for us this year

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought we were poor and only marginally better than vs Brentford. Created very little, both our wingers were shocking, Knockaert wasted. The only plus was that defensively we were solid, though we weren't tested.

Huddersfield time wasted from the start and for me were 'anti-football'.

However if we can win this type of game then things may look better at the end of the season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Amazing performance compared with Saturday.
Good performance compared with the first two home games of the season.
Average performance compared with some of the matches played last season.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Elvis did well for the time that he was on the pitch, getting a corner when we needed time. Hopefully he will continue to develop.

Yes the corner wasted a bit more time but had he looked up & put the ball in the middle Glen was there for a tap in, which would of ended any hope for them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thought we were poor and only marginally better than vs Brentford. Created very little, both our wingers were shocking, Knockaert wasted. The only plus was that defensively we were solid, though we weren't tested.

Huddersfield time wasted from the start and for me were 'anti-football'.

However if we can win this type of game then things may look better at the end of the season.

What we have an abundance of is endeavor and persistence.

I think we make it hard for other teams, but at the moment we also make it hard for ourselves because not all the players are on the same wavelength.

On the buildup it was said that this Hud’s team probably had one of the best fitness levels in this league but they never matched us in that department. They had to slow the game down, which is fine if you are 0-1 up, but slowing a game down at 0-0 is desperate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here