Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Best sports shop in Brighton (for hockey stick)?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Anybody gone any recommendations for a (proper) sports shop in Brighton, where I can buy a hockey stick? Ie not just the JD Sports trainer type places.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Think you might struggle in Brighton outside of Decathlon and Sports Direct.

There's Nick Rivett Sport on Western Road but think they mainly do tennis and doubt they will have hockey sticks.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Anybody gone any recommendations for a (proper) sports shop in Brighton, where I can buy a hockey stick? Ie not just the JD Sports trainer type places.
Some brands are solely online now. My kids use Rival sticks and they are great. Keep and eye out for sales as they sometimes do good deals. Little quiz to help spot the best stick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some brands are solely online now. My kids use Rival sticks and they are great. Keep and eye out for sales as they sometimes do good deals. Little quiz to help spot the best stick.

This is me

1703603707419.png

I can assure nobody is more surprised than I am.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This is me

View attachment 171792

I can assure nobody is more surprised than I am.
That is the model my kids use and they are brilliant. Compared to the sticks we had when I was playing 20 years ago (quite in early 20s due to back injury) are incredible. I have coached for 6 or 7 years at a junior academy and rival gave me ex display/demo stick for about 40 quid and I love it (drag pro).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is the model my kids use and they are brilliant. Compared to the sticks we had when I was playing 20 years ago (quite in early 20s due to back injury) are incredible. I have coached for 6 or 7 years at a junior academy and rival gave me ex display/demo stick for about 40 quid and I love it (drag pro).
I've not played hockey since school.
I've no desire to play hockey now.
I didn't understand half the questions...

...I just saw 'quiz'. :lolol:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Not been there in a few years, but there was a nice little independent sports shop on Grand Parade just a bit further along from St Peters Church. My mum got me football boots from there years ago.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Not been there in a few years, but there was a nice little independent sports shop on Grand Parade just a bit further along from St Peters Church. My mum got me football boots from there years ago.
Swift Sports. Been gone for a while. Now a very skinny house.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Spoilt for choice… David Rose at 7 Dials, Bakers in London Road, Wisdens in Duke Street, Clapshaw and Cleave, Swifts, - loads of independents in Brighton….. if only it was the 1970s!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

That closed and got turned into a house about 4 years ago

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Decathlon sell actual sports equipment and are usually great value. Don’t know if they do hockey sticks though.

*edit*

You can select the Brighton store and see which ones are in stock

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
As an aside to all those with Hockey sticks in their family. The GB Hockey players are hosting a fun challenge and training day at Lee Valley Hockey centre 7th April 2024. Designed to fundraise for your chosen good cause and get entry fee discounted down to zero.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nick Rivett Sport in Church Road (well, Hove actually) used to be INTERSPORT (I think) and they used to sell hockey sticks ( I think!!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here