Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best song to come out of Brighton ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No it isn't.
Peacehaven is a town, just like Lewes is a town.

Patcham, Hollingbury etc are suburbs of Brighton.

My Thread my rules, don't start bringing facts and geography into it :wink:

If you go on telly and the presenter asked where you were from, would you say Peacehaven? no you would say Brighton.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Even then.

Few people have a music taste to rival mine, but I wouldn't presume to tell them so.

:smile:

I commute with someone who told me the other day that they 'really loved' the new Mumford and Sons single. Is there really no exceptions

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Some fine songs mentioned already...even the tenuous ones!

Might i add a bit of Mr Cave to the mix (one was written in a certain avenue in Hove & t'other in an elegant square in B'ton.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looks like the conclusion is that not many good songs have come out of Brighton. Also Brighton has expanded to cover virtually the whole of Sussex to get Leo Sayer, Wreckless Eric, etc into the thread.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Looks like the conclusion is that not many good songs have come out of Brighton. Also Brighton has expanded to cover virtually the whole of Sussex to get Leo Sayer, Wreckless Eric, etc into the thread.

looks that way,at least Eastbourne didn't get considered as a suburb of Brighton :lol:

I think they can claim a couple of number 1's in the past?

drowning in berlin & dancing in the moonlight??

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Well in that case someone should mention Suede, The Cure (though should really count as Surrey) and, erm, The Feeling.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well in that case someone should mention Suede, The Cure (though should really count as Surrey) and, erm, The Feeling.

I claim The Cure on behalf of Crawley, West Sussex, so back off with your Surrey claims.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Was Bobby Gillespie living in Brighton when Screamadelica was conceived? If so this is the, slightly tenuous, winner surely?

No, he was still up in Camden? then, he was down here 3/5 years later, more Rocks time...he turned up without an invite at a house party I was at near Preston Circus & was unsurprisingly waved in

Come on Eileen...Dexys Kevin Rowland was a gym stalwart at Dicks in Vine Street. Top man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here