Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Ska track ever

Oct 25, 2003
i really love ska...probably more into jamaican stuff than two tone even though i'm really keen on that as well

ghost town IS an absolute masterpiece in my mind....didn't it take jerry dammers absolutely AGES to write, like something ridiculous like a year or something? alongside touring obviously but still...

sure i remember watching an interview where he said he got stuck on one little bit for months and just couldn't get his head round it

i'm no musician and have no idea about songwriting etc. so it may have got lost in the genius to idiot translation

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Long Shot Kick De Bucket ,The Pioneers, Roland Alphonso,Phoenix City or Train To Skaville ,The Ethiopians. Later stuff anything by Ska boom around 1990 long live ska

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ska is one of the most effective calming strategies i have for my boy who has adhd and Aspergers.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can't choose a specific song. Kinda feel that The Beat didn't get the full acclaim they deserved looking back.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What an Era, The Specials. The Beat, Madness and UB40 + many more, not the best but a little mention for Bad Manners and 'Lip Up Fatty'

'Stand Down Margaret' and 'Ghost Town' and The 'Man from C&A' close behind.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

My favourites have already been posted but i want to stick this up as an honorable mention.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Another great tune by one of the bands out fo the US 90's ska revival.

Actor Alex desert (blind guy in the TV show Becker) was one of the singers.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
This thread has just made me go and get this from out of my loft, four cds of two tone. I will be playing this when I get back from the game today, I don't think the wife will be amused, she hates it.
mCpV5ihaGQSN5qd7uzeE_lg[1].jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here