Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best signature songs of other clubs

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Best - "Sunshine On Leith" (Hibs)

Funniest (for all the wrong reasons) - "Simply The Best" by Tina Turner (Rangers walk on music))

<Tina> "In your heart, I see the star of every night and every day"
<Gers> "f*** the Pope and the IRA!"
<Tina> In your eyes, I get lost, I get washed away
<Gers> "f*** the Pope and the IRA!"

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anything sung by the Welsh,they could make your going home like Sandy Richardson sound like a heartwarming love song.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I like The Liquidator - Harry J All Stars . Sorry i know its Chelsea.

(but then i was surprised as it pops up at Wolves, and West Brom too. )

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Disappointing lack of takers for the England Supporters Band doing another off-key version of the national anthem as the England national team one, it seems?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: In a similar vein to Sunshine on Leith , Gothenburg adopted this song by singer/songwriter Joel Alme . Snart Skiner Poseidon.
This rendition of it - even if you've never heard it before is incredible. Thats how to do a blue and white entrance !!f

PS: the words are on the screen ha ha.

joel Alme 's English version "A young summer's youth" is via

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Never understood the words or meaning to Norwich City's "On The Ball".

That said, Carrow Road is the most drunk I've ever been at a football match and the stewards were the best I've ever encountered so they're ok. images.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Also like Z-cars at Everton. What a cast - Brian Blessed, Judi Dench, Frank Windsor, etc.
Johnny Todd. Z Cars used it as their signature tune but it is an old Liverpool ditty. Watford have appropriated it for some reason.

I love You'll never walk alone but then I loved Gerry Marsden back in the day.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

It’s ok if 1960’s folk songs about bashing your enemy hundreds of years ago is your thing.

Given that we don’t sing the verse about crushing rebellious Scots in GSTK anymore, it seems a bit inappropriate for Edward’s Army to be such a key part of this one, but hey ho.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It’s ok if 1960’s folk songs about bashing your enemy hundreds of years ago is your thing.

Given that we don’t sing the verse about crushing rebellious Scots in GSTK anymore, it seems a bit inappropriate for Edward’s Army to be such a key part of this one, but hey ho.
Thanks for the history lesson. I’ll be sleeping ok tonight though.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I really don’t like Liverpool but YNWA is brilliant as an anthem. It is the right pace and simple words. GOSBTS is a bit too quick to be brilliant. Marching on together is also a belter.

You don’t have to like clubs to realise the songs are brilliant.

Not an anthem but the one that I absolutely hate is the Mancs with “uniiiitid uniiiitid” oh stfu

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In Germany, every club has an anthem. I'm biased towards Freiburg's as I was a season ticket holder there but Cologne (Köln) was probably my favourite. I travelled up there twice, the second time really just to hear the fans singing. It's absolutely heart-stopping when you're in the stadium. Tune v similar to Loch Lomond.

Janne a very good friend of mine supports Köln and has only recently moved back home after living in Manchester for the past 30 years, he took me to see them play about 20 years ago, I follow Frankfurt as that is where my g/g/great grandfather is from and they do this little ditty I rather enjoy.

Jul 7, 2003
Coventry had their version of the old Eaton Boating song which I think Jimmy Hill wrote the lyrics to. Not sure if they still run out to it these days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does anyone know when and why Sussex by the Sea was adopted by the Albion ?

Did a cursory google but couldn't find any history/info (there's plenty about the song - but not about its adoption by the Albion)

its been played as long as i've been going - the 70s. Was it pre - war ?
I think, and I could be utterly wrong, that it was adopted in the 50s/60s.

Norman Wisdom 1965. Completely different wording. But the song has been altered in other codes. There was one for Sussex CCC.

For me, any song unique to club (not an altered copy) or the area is always a good thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here