Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best signature songs of other clubs

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm forever blowing bubbles I think has lost its context now given it was about someone in the 1920's...but good on them although it is funny. Sweet Caroline needs to be removed from all stadiums immediately...truly is bizarre and stupid.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Janne a very good friend of mine supports Köln and has only recently moved back home after living in Manchester for the past 30 years, he took me to see them play about 20 years ago, I follow Frankfurt as that is where my g/g/great grandfather is from and they do this little ditty I rather enjoy.

That is not their signature song, although its brilliant.. Here is their equivalent of Sussex by the Sea

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
What I really like about "Sussex by the sea" is that it is very much "our" song. It's very stirring too when it's sung as the whole ground sings it.

But what songs at other clubs do you like? Obviously "Glad all over" is absolute gash. To be honest it's so embarrassing that I really don't know why Blackpool sing it.

Here are my thoughts on some of them:
But what are the good ones? I reckon Forest/Charlton's rendition of Mull of Kintyre is pretty good. At Forest it is proper loud. Marching on Together is massively overrated but I do think Leeds are probably the most vocally supportive fans in the country (even though they have their fair share of bell ends). Birmingham's Keep Right On is a bit average - almost impossible to understand the words when they sing it.

My favourite is West Brom's "The Lord's My Shepherd". Loud, unique, well known. Ticks all the boxes IMO. They also do a MUCH better and louder version of Liquidator than Chelsea's shit version.

Quite like Delilah at Stoke too.

Over to you...
For me the best 2 are easily YNWA and Forever Blowing Bubbles. GOSBTS could rival them for effect if we sang it in unison and at the right pace !

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My favourite team song Hibs Sunshine on Leith

My favourite Nation song (Anthem) France closely followed by Italy

My most disliked team song none really

My most disliked Nation song (Anthem) England God say the king or Queen is so outdated, Jingoistic Empire rhetoric I think a great replacement would be Robby Williams let me entertain you especially with this government we have had to put up with over the past 12 years

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What I really like about "Sussex by the sea" is that it is very much "our" song. It's very stirring too when it's sung as the whole ground sings it.

But what songs at other clubs do you like? Obviously "Glad all over" is absolute gash. To be honest it's so embarrassing that I really don't know why Blackpool sing it.

Here are my thoughts on some of them:
But what are the good ones? I reckon Forest/Charlton's rendition of Mull of Kintyre is pretty good. At Forest it is proper loud. Marching on Together is massively overrated but I do think Leeds are probably the most vocally supportive fans in the country (even though they have their fair share of bell ends). Birmingham's Keep Right On is a bit average - almost impossible to understand the words when they sing it.

My favourite is West Brom's "The Lord's My Shepherd". Loud, unique, well known. Ticks all the boxes IMO. They also do a MUCH better and louder version of Liquidator than Chelsea's shit version.

Quite like Delilah at Stoke too.

Over to you...
I like Birminghams 'keep right on'.

The thing with all of these unique cub anthems, is the timing. As a simple song/words its pretty meaningless to 91 others clubs. When we sing Sussex by the sea, its emotive, but a lot more so, when the adrenalin is already coursing through your veins!

Birmingham last game of season away at Bolton, needing a draw to survive. Paul Caddis in the 93rd minute makes it 2-2 followed imediately by 'keep right on'. You just get the total euphoria and pride as they belt it out in that moment.

On the subject of German team anthems, I'm biased on this, but Union Berlin's "Eisern Union" by Nina Hagen is the one.

The build-up to it in the ground with an excerpt of "Rammstein" by Rammstein before Nina Hagen kicks in always gets the goosebumps flowing. This video ahead of the first Berlin derby in the Bundesliga v Hertha in 2019 is one I go back to watching a few times a year.

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
What about our own Greasy Chip Butty song:-

You fill up my senses
Like Robert De Zerbi
Like a match at the Goldstone
Like a walk on the Pier
Like a wet day at Withdean
Or a day trip to Wembley
You’re Brighton Hove Albion
Come fill me again