Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best side we have seen at the Amex so far.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No need to ban you. They were nowhere near the best side we've seen at the Amex in that game.

Unfortunately, because of the way it ended, it's easy to forget that we were the better side in the first half, and then their keeper made one excellent save and we hit the bar in the second. Palace had one game-changing player that night, he did his job, and they were able to defend for the rest of the game while our players contemplated the end of their season.

I'm not just saying this because it's Palace, but they were nowhere near the standards of several other teams that have played at the Amex. I'm sure even they would admit they weren't setting the world alight in the play offs. They just worked hard, got things right tactically, and had the luck when it mattered.

The result is all that matters, of course, but to suggest they were somehow a brilliant side that night is- in some deeply insignificant way- rewriting history.

Hang on, I thought what happened was that Poyet deliberately threw the game by turning up at half time and instructing the players that they weren't allowed to try their hardest in the biggest and potentially most lucrative game of their career and deliberately play as badly as possible in order to get back at Barber for not signing him Messi?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hang on, I thought what happened was that Poyet deliberately threw the game by turning up at half time and instructing the players that they weren't allowed to try their hardest in the biggest and potentially most lucrative game of their career and deliberately play as badly as possible in order to get back at Barber for not signing him Messi?

My bad, yes, you're right. Sorry :thumbsup:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Overall: Villareal, for about 10/15 minutes we looked good then they woke up and gave us a footballing lesson.
Competitive: Arsenal.
League: Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here