Best sax cameo in a song

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Al Stewart- Year of the cat ...and when the guitar takes over - brilliant

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Not know for singles and hit records but anybody else remember seeing the late great Dick Heckstall-Smith ? His sax playing was awesome. I saw him with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and also Colleseum.... that was unforgettable.

I would have liked to have seen Clarence Clemons but never made it to Springsteen concerts

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not know for singles and hit records but anybody else remember seeing the late great Dick Heckstall-Smith ? His sax playing was awesome. I saw him with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and also Colleseum.... that was unforgettable.

I would have liked to have seen Clarence Clemons but never made it to Springsteen concerts

Saw both. Springsteen at Milton Keynes 93 was fantastic and saw Colosseum a few times at the Dome. Heckstall-Smith's trademark playing two saxes was amazing.

1:35 in
https://youtu.be/HNL2US6rS1M

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
King Curtis - Whiter Shade of Pale.

Bottle of wine, lights on low, this tune playing...BOOM

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Another vote for Will You, one of my favourite pop songs.

Sadly, the saxophonist responsible for the wonderful solo, Wesley Magoogan, lost his fingers in a buzz-saw accident and can no longer play. I believe he lives in Sussex somewhere around Hastings/Bexhill area. He has an autistic son who's an artist and helps promote his work.

EDIT: Just looked him up and his son has Down's syndrome, not autism. And Wesley is his manager and owns a studio in Hastings

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here