Best rock song, EVER??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What is the point of saying "Thread closed" on a thread about opinions? You could only use that line if the question was "Top selling rock track ever".

Don't get your nickers in a twist. It's merely an indication of how much I believe said track to be the greatest song ever. It's not like I expect the thread to be closed and everyone to declare me the winner. No need to be so precious.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It ain't ROCK though it's more folksy/bluesy if you ask me

Rock is a very broad genre with never ending offshoots and sub genres such as folk rock, which is what I'd class it as myself. I suppose it all depends on your definition of "rock" music.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Bloke asks perfectly reasonable question and you launch into ad hominems. Okay then.

Wow talk about blowing things way out of proportion. If you could see the look on my face whilst typing that reply you wouldn't say I "launched" into anything.

Oh and reasonable? Telling me I could ONLY use that line within their set parameters? Pfft.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
If there is a better rock song than Motorhead's Overkill I have not seen it mentioned yet. It has everything - great simple lyrics with a profound message, the minimum number of instruments for a rock band, false endings, Lemmy's voice, riffage, manic drumming. Love it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If there is a better rock song than Motorhead's Overkill I have not seen it mentioned yet. It has everything - great simple lyrics with a profound message, the minimum number of instruments for a rock band, false endings, Lemmy's voice, riffage, manic drumming. Love it.

Almost agree, but they also recorded Ace of Spades, which for me just about trumps Overkill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports