Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Ref this season by far

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He reffed well, not disputing that. :)

But if we had lost, the NSC anti ref brigade would have been out in force berating him for the 50/50 tussle where Hemed went down just outside the box right on half time!

That was a foul and an incorrect decision.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Watford are a horrible team. Niggley, physical and whiny. He reffed almost as well as he could, though, as @Icy Gull said he missed a number of attempted stranglings by both teams. As I said to @scoffers if I'd known wrapping your arms round someone and throwing them off the ball was legal I'd have employed it throughout my Sunday League and 5-a-side career.

but he was consistent to both sides, and let the game flow with no yellows. Both side could have conceded 1 or 2. Decent game from where I was watching (on a stream) ref didnt do too much wrong todat, though we may should have had a free kick at the end of the first half on Tomer. Nothing to worry about, if all refs could be consistent happy dayd

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Take a bow Paul Tierney. A masterclass in how to ref a game. Let the game flow and got all the decisions right. No bookings, just did his job. Makes a nice change

You must be in the north stand as Hemed was blatantly fouled when through on goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The corner in question.

I will say one thing though he didn't give in to any of the clowning around by Watford players ..but was a tad surprised Watson wasn't shown the yellow

View attachment 92252

Watford fans need to learn the rules. Nothing wrong with that as the ref rightly checked.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Watford are a horrible team. Niggley, physical and whiny. He reffed almost as well as he could, though, as @Icy Gull said he missed a number of attempted stranglings by both teams. As I said to @scoffers if I'd known wrapping your arms round someone and throwing them off the ball was legal I'd have employed it throughout my Sunday League and 5-a-side career.

You never got close enough to anyone in your 5-a-side career...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here