[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Pretty much anything off the first 5 Stranglers albums! All the punk attitude and ability to start a fight in an empty room. However, they could write a decent song and that bass tone and rippling keyboards were brilliant.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You can't put your arms around a memory

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
???
Queen? Not sure they belong here.

On what planet are Queen punk rock?

Quote from Brian May 'This is the song Queen made when we wanted to go a bit punk. Roger Taylor had that track for quite a while.' He went 'I want this on the album. Things are going the punk way and this is my punk track.'

It was recorded in the studio next door to The Sex Pistols while they recorded 'Never Mind the Bollocks.' It's clearly a punk track whether it's Queen or not - just a bit better played than some. Let's not forget a lot of punk bands were just pub rock bands with bad haircuts and wearing safety pins.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Quote from Brian May 'This is the song Queen made when we wanted to go a bit punk. Roger Taylor had that track for quite a while.' He went 'I want this on the album. Things are going the punk way and this is my punk track.'

image.jpeg

Quote from bn9 bha "Brian May needs to look in the mirror and have a f***in word with himself " :wrong::shutup::facepalm:punish:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It was recorded in the studio next door to The Sex Pistols while they recorded 'Never Mind the Bollocks.' It's clearly a punk track whether it's Queen or not - just a bit better played than some. Let's not forget a lot of punk bands were just pub rock bands with bad haircuts and wearing safety pins.

Thread title- Best Punk Rock Song?

You- A song by Queen :mad:

You have made me laugh though :lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thread title- Best Punk Rock Song?

You- A song by Queen :mad:

You have made me laugh though :lolol:

Well it was tongue in cheek. I just wondered how far I could push it and, like it or not, it is a punk track. Just not by a punk band.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
For any one thats interested tonight a Live Q&A with the Director of White Riot.

The Film is showing on online Curzan at the moment, not sure if it is shown tonight for free, but says live bands will play online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=794vlC_wKJQ&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2UPjzU2amI

Good footage at the end cut with black and white and colour photos, of the Clash and Jimmy Persey playing White Riot to about 100,000 people at the RAR concert in Victoria Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports