Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Pubs in Lewes

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Lamb is probably the best place for a young crowd.
Snowdrop's great and Lewes Arms and John Harvey Tavern are both very good but the latter might be a bit old-man-pub for you

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
What is the Landsdown like during the day as we are meeting in Lewes before Forest. that is the suggested pub but then we are all 40+, most are 55+

Fine, can get quite busy on match days as its only a minute from the station. Anywhere else is a bit of a walk so as you all seem to be OAPs :wink: I'd stick there.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When are you going?

Me and my mates used to go out in the Lewes quite a bit. The brewers is pretty good for pool, can gt a little bit lively later on, I once had a dart thrown at me in there.

The landsdown is probably the best place to finish up, most likely to find a few dirty LEwes rotters in there.

The best thing to do though in my mind is do a bit of a Pub crawl, it would be a waste not too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tubthumper's pub crawl starts at The Snowdrop (which is by far my fav), and stops off at The Gardeners Arms and that Harvey's pub opposite the brewery by the river ending at The Lewes Arms.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tubthumper's pub crawl starts at The Snowdrop (which is by far my fav), and stops off at The Gardeners Arms and that Harvey's pub opposite the brewery by the river ending at The Lewes Arms.
Bn9's pub crawl starts in the John Harvey Tavern then onto the Gardeners Arm's then ends up in the gutter or falling in the river.:drunk::facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have hijacked this thread to save starting another of similar name.

We are meeting in Lewes before Forest game for my 70th birthday and the Lansdown has been suggested but am told that it gets very busy, we are hoping to meet 3.00-3.30 what is the best pub to meet at that is not too far from the station and/or within easy reach of a bus for The Amex. The youngest person is grandson 19 and the eldest me at 70 so must sell Ale for me and fancy cider fotr grandson. Any suggestions.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

We are meeting in Lewes before Forest game for my 70th birthday and the Lansdown has been suggested but am told that it gets very busy, we are hoping to meet 3.00-3.30 what is the best pub to meet at that is not too far from the station and/or within easy reach of a bus for The Amex. The youngest person is grandson 19 and the eldest me at 70 so must sell Ale for me and fancy cider fotr grandson. Any suggestions.

The Kings Head is just around the corner and sells real ales but I've never liked it much. Definitely quieter than the Lansdowne though.

http://www.thekingsheadlewes.co.uk/AboutUs

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

If you don't want to walk up to the top of the town then its either the Landsdown or the K Head. However you do; youcould try either the Brewers Arms (by the bottleneck) or the Rights of Man (by law courts; opposite the W Hart Hotel) in the High St, both handy for getting the 28 or 29 bus to the stadium. the RoM is the new Harveys Pub in what used to be the Rainbow. Fine Beers (I like Harveys, but not for you if you don't) but not a lot of character as a pub imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here