Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best pub in Brighton to watch the football

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I going to the game would not miss this one, however Savannah bar in Haywards Heaths is showing the game and its £2 a pint to first goal starting 15mins before kick off.:thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

In my younger days when it snowed it was a good place to go for tobogganing

Still is.Last Feb it was packed with tobogganists skiers, and snowboarders!

A few tea trayers as well, not to mention a dented wing on a Volvo in Scarborough Road

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Im hoping to watch the game at The Font in the North Lanes as this is where I watch the majority of football games on TV. Anyone else going to be there?

Only been in there once since they turned it from a lovely old pub into a horrible pre-club bar type place. I've got some great memories of watching Albion in there. In fact watching the Albion v Swindon play off 2nd leg is what made me become a regular attendee at brighton games. Never looked back. Can't imagine the font being any good now for albion hands though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Only been in there once since they turned it from a lovely old pub into a horrible pre-club bar type place. I've got some great memories of watching Albion in there. In fact watching the Albion v Swindon play off 2nd leg is what made me become a regular attendee at brighton games. Never looked back. Can't imagine the font being any good now for albion hands though.

It's not bad, bit of an atmosphere and the added bonus that there will be some decent skirt in there

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You know what pisses me off is that there is NOT ONE half decent pub in Kemp Town with Sky Sports anymore.

Back in the day I'd visit Polar East, then the Polar bar and now the Thomas Kemp. Since being the Thomas Kemp they've gotten rid of the telly's. The Golden Cannon has screens but only ever shows music channels. If you go down St James' St. there's just the Royal Oak with Sky on and I'm not a fan of that place. Always busy yet has no atmosphere. No chance of sitting down.

Round the corner from me is the Stag, a fairly spit and sawdust place that I wouldn't frequent normally BUT it does have two nice screens and is rarely busy so was good for the footie. Until they decided to get rid of Sky some time in the last two weeks. Perfect timing.

The Barley Mow is far too nice to have screens in. The Sidewinder have none either. There's the Hand in Hand and the one near the sweet shop which I forget the name of but neither are that sort of pub.

So basically I either wander into town for the grotty old King & Queen OR head in the other direction for the even more grimy I Go Inn.

Sky seems to be vanishing from more and more pubs these days which I'm sure many people will be pleased about but for someone like me who will never pay for Murdoch's rip off net the pub represents the only viable option to go and see live televised football that I'm interested in.

In fact where I work in Croydon the nearest pub has screens aplenty and used to stick Sky Sports News on all day then show any live sport whenever it was on HOWEVER they've now lost their subscription due to some sort of argument with Virgin and despite the place being fairly sizeable and always busy, the sort of place you'd expect to see sport on telly, there's none of it. INSTEAD they choose to leave regular TV on with subtitles instead. I often go in there after work to sink a couple only to find myself mesmerised by the Simpsons, with subtitles.

Now tell me, what is the point of that?

So it's an atmosphereless live stream in my living room for me.

Mind you, 2-0 up and I'd say I'm actually making a bit of atmosphere after all.

GUS POYET'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY

Loving the commentary "for anyone who doesn't know, this is EXACTLY how a strike partnership should work"

Can we be on telly every week?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Crown & Anchor was - naturally - showing the egg-chasing :tosser:

Brewery Tap was - surprisingly - free of the token weekend psychotic drunk, which made for a pleasing Albion watching experience :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Watched in the K&Q. Albion fans came over loud & clear and, by the end of the game, the pub crowd were roaring along too.

Hopefuylly some lapsed fans will have caught an interest.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Poor turn out in the Station I hear. boooo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here