Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player to play against the Albion in Brighton

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Following yesterday, some feel that was Brighton's biggest game for a long time, even though Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland and Liverpool have all visited in recent years.

So I was wondering, who were the best teams or players to play against Brighton at the Goldstone/Withdean/Amex in your opinion?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A long time ago now but the first ones that come to mind are

Ian Rush
Trevor Brooking
Ray Kennedy

D

Deleted member 18477

Bellamy will always stand out for me. Outstanding for liverpool last season against us.

Diaby, giroud and wilshire for me were arsenals pick of the bunch.

Wasnt impressed by newcastle in either of their visits to the Amex.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
For me it was Ian Rush. Very sharp.

Best team performance was a Sheffield Wednesday ( :lolol: ) team from about 1989. We lost 0-4, John Sheridan passed us to death. We were lucky to get nil.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I know he was only on very briefly , and I'm too young to remember rush et al. However, I think Jack Wilshere will be one of the best English players to grace the pitch. I've been brought up on Beckham Lampard Gerrard et al. Which has been average. Think wilshere will be better than those 3. Compare him to sturridge welbeck or cleverly and he comes up trumps IMO.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Been a few but the one that sticks out was Simon Cox when he played for swindon , tore us apart at withdean , ended up 1-3 ? .

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Done some quick research from the 80/90's games

Liverpool - Liddell, Hunt, Souness, Case, Grobbelaar, Neal, Thompson, Hansen, Lawrenson, Kennnedy, Lee, Whelan, Johnston, Dalglish and Rush.
Man Utd -Whiteside, Stapleton, Robson, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin, McClair, Ince, Hughes, Wilkins, McIlroy, Macari, Jordan, Beckham
Tottenham - Ossie Ardiles, Hoddle, Clemance
Arsenal - Jennings, Rice, O’Leary, Brady, Rix, Sunderland, Sansom, Groves, Lukic, Winterburn, Rocastle

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
Although he was poor when he came on, I thought it was crazy to see Elano at The Withdean. I can't think of many Brazil internationals who've played against us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here