Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player on the pitch today

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Not THAT bizarre. I was looking into the stats earlier. Wolves are very strong down their right side and we're poor at defending down the flanks. Bennett and Lua Lua is great going forward but very weak defensively. Having Stephens on the left was no doubt a ploy to keep Bennett more protected whilst also giving us something a little creative

Whilst I agree with what you say regarding why Stephens played out on the left, it is indicative of how far we've fallen in such a small time. As the home time the onus should be on us to give them something to worry about. Calde and Stephens on the wing would make more sense away from home.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Whilst I agree with what you say regarding why Stephens played out on the left, it is indicative of how far we've fallen in such a small time. As the home time the onus should be on us to give them something to worry about. Calde and Stephens on the wing would make more sense away from home.

We need to grind out points right now. That was a good point. Maybe we'll see a more positive approach next term from the boss but I doubt it. I think he has a defenders mindset - the first priority seems to be to stop the opposition playing although CMS clearly started for a reason

Yes Kayal was good - Hughtons selection was a little defensive but it kind of worked in blunting Wolves' attacking weapons - probably a good point though yes we still have work to do

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Not THAT bizarre. I was looking into the stats earlier. Wolves are very strong down their right side and we're poor at defending down the flanks. Bennett and Lua Lua is great going forward but very weak defensively. Having Stephens on the left was no doubt a ploy to keep Bennett more protected whilst also giving us something a little creative

Do you think it worked? Can't remember Stephens doing a lot of defending down that side (one interception excepted). And bugger all creatively.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Tex deserved it for taking on 2 of their players, falling over, getting back up while still holding on to the ball and then beating another couple to get the ball across the box.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Completely agree with you Bennetts defensive positioning is absolutely woeful he gives the opposition far too much space every time so we need someone to cover. if you watch Kayal he is constantly telling Bennett to get back out left when he constantly drifts across the pitch.
Personally I don't think Bennett has the know how to play the wing back role he is not clever enough in terms of positioning if he has a future I think it would be left midfield.

On the original point I was not over impressed with any of the Wolves players and judging by their fans it was not a good performance, it was difficult to tell which team was play off contenders and which was relegation fodder.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Thought Bennett coped with him really well apart from the goal which you would expect your keeper to save! Keyal or Stephens were my candidates for MOM , both complete midfielders whom are both capable of influencing a game!

I thought Stephens was dreadful yesterday, at one stage I thought he was morphing into Dean Hammond with the back passing. Whilst I consider the team selection wrong and him playing out of position, still make your mark on the game which he didn't. At the moment i'm not seeing in him what others do.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Thought Bennett coped with him really well apart from the goal which you would expect your keeper to save! Keyal or Stephens were my candidates for MOM , both complete midfielders whom are both capable of influencing a game!

Agree with this - great to see Stephens getting back to his best - we've missed him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I love these threads. I came out of the game yesterday and listening to other peoples' views of players it was as if I'd seen a completely different game to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here