Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best place for Sunday lunch in Lewes

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pricey, but Cote is amazing (not a 'roast' type menu).

A 5 minute drive, The Cock Inn just off the A26 is excellent. Book in advance.

Yes l'm a great fan of Cote too, in my case usually the Horsham branch.

One of the better restaurant chains around in my experience. Pretty consistent from branch to branch too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another shout for the Pelham Arms.
I did go there for an evening meal on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago, very nice food and friendly service.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Going to The Swan for lunch tomorrow with friends at their suggestion. Just looked up exactly where it is and saw 2 dreadful reviews. Still going, but Sundays are usually different anyway. If I remember, I'll post what it's like.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Similar excellent food, however I feel the "stuffing roast beef into your stupid faces" may not hit the mark for the original poster, who asked about vegetarian food :lolol:

Far from it. I am very much a carnivore and will be stuffing roast beef into my stupid face until I have a gout attack. My companion on the other hand doesn’t eat meat.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Far from it. I am very much a carnivore and will be stuffing roast beef into my stupid face until I have a gout attack. My companion on the other hand doesn’t eat meat.

Thank you all for your suggestions

I should have said that I am a veggie and that the Lewes Arms was best in that respect. I can't speak about the RoM but I was pretty disappointed with the veggie food at The Swan. It's a nice boozer and my stopover after playing cricket but I wouldn't eat there again

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They only had one veggie option when I visited . Some sort of lentil bake. it looked pretty good. If you’re into that sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here