Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best place for Sunday lunch in Lewes

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Find myself with some time to kill on Sunday in Lewes so as per the title where is good for Sunday lunch?

Only requirement is must veggie friendly.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
John Harvey Tavern do nice food from memory, again been a while since I've been there.

Vegan roasted parsnip and wild mushroom bake £11.50
Served with Rosemary roasted potatoes, Chantenay carrots, green
beans, cauliflower, broccoli, crispy parsnips, homemade Yorkshire
pudding and red wine gravy, vegan gravy obviously with the vegan
option!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Interesting to see all the recommendations for the Rights of Man - the last time I was in there it was called The Rainbow (c 25 years ago!).

I always go to either The Swan or The Pelham Arms for roasts when in Lewes (both decent rather than spectacular), but I'll give the Rights of Man a go next time.

If the OP is up for a short drive out of Lewes (10 mins), the Ram Inn at Firle is very good for a roast

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The ROM smells amazing on Sunday afternoon. Warm and woody with the waft of roast meat and gravy in the air. It’s a great, traditional, well run pub. An endangered species.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We went to the Pelham Arms in December after a walk up to Harry's Mount, 6 of us 2 dogs. Big table lots of space.

Food was excellent, service was very good, lots of photos at the bottom of the webpage, showing the food. Everyone thought it was good, however, it was rammed so have no idea how far in advance it was booked.

https://www.thepelhamarms.co.uk

The vegan and veggie options were really good as well

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Been to The Lewes Arms a few times, that was pretty good scran.

I've not had lunch at the RoM but it's a pretty decent boozer - but then so many pubs in Lewes are

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Been to The Lewes Arms a few times, that was pretty good scran.

I've not had lunch at the RoM but it's a pretty decent boozer - but then so many pubs in Lewes are

Lewes Arms is great and good selection of beers rather than normal Harveys on offer everywhere else

Jul 7, 2003
Couple of miles the other side of Lewes, but well worth it, The Green Man, Ringmer [emoji1303]

Unless it has changed recently I always found the Green Man more quantity than quality. Good value for money but nothing special.

So surprised nobody has mentioned heading out the The Newmarket:whistle:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
We went to the Pelham Arms in December after a walk up to Harry's Mount, 6 of us 2 dogs. Big table lots of space.

Food was excellent, service was very good, lots of photos at the bottom of the webpage, showing the food. Everyone thought it was good, however, it was rammed so have no idea how far in advance it was booked.

https://www.thepelhamarms.co.uk

The vegan and veggie options were really good as well

I’ll second the Pelham. Lovely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here