[Misc] Best place for selling a car ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
First person who came round bought it. I think I sold it too cheap….
I put it on Facebook Marketplace

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
motorway.co.uk - they act as intermediary putting your car into online auction with dealers. No fee, as they charge a finders-fee to the buyer rather than to yourself. No obligation to sell if the highest bid isn't what you're after.

Sold my wife's Ford Focus through them last year. Got substantially more than what We Buy offered (or any other option we looked at, including the valuation on Autotrader). Buyer came to our house, collected, and paid up without quibble. Far easy than having to handle a private sale through Autotrader or Facebook etc.

(Worth noting, the vast majority of cars We Buy purchase simply get turned around and flogged for a profit on the same online auctions that motorway.co.uk put your car into. I'd pretty much guarantee Motorway will get you a better price than We Buy will ever offer).

I’d second this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’d second this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I used Motorway too. Very efficient and I got much more than I was offered elsewhere.

I had a look at the dealer who bought my car’s website to see what he was putting my car (an Audi A6) up for and it was only around £500 more than he had paid me, including a warranty.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s a sellers market right now. I bought a car ago and it’s value has increased by 50%. If I didn’t need a car and have to pay top dollar to replace it, I’d be cashing in
Congratulations by the way…

I see this being reported in lots of places, but when I had to buy a car for Mrs Wz a couple of months ago, I did the same as always. Picked a few good looking ones on Autotrader (mix of private and dodgy little traders). Spent a day driving round them, turned down the first three and then picked up an absolute bargain from a trader near Wembley.

There always seem to be good deals around if you put in the effort ???

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Put mine on Marketplace and got a load of tyre kickers... Put it on Ebay and sold it within a week. Got to be honest with your description and ask a realistic price.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
motorway.co.uk - they act as intermediary putting your car into online auction with dealers. No fee, as they charge a finders-fee to the buyer rather than to yourself. No obligation to sell if the highest bid isn't what you're after.

Sold my wife's Ford Focus through them last year. Got substantially more than what We Buy offered (or any other option we looked at, including the valuation on Autotrader). Buyer came to our house, collected, and paid up without quibble. Far easy than having to handle a private sale through Autotrader or Facebook etc.

(Worth noting, the vast majority of cars We Buy purchase simply get turned around and flogged for a profit on the same online auctions that motorway.co.uk put your car into. I'd pretty much guarantee Motorway will get you a better price than We Buy will ever offer).

Another vote for motorway - just sold my wife's 9-year-old Skoda Octavia through them for significantly more than we were expecting. There's probably more upfront admin with motorway than other methods, supplying pictures of the car showing different aspects/features/angles, any scuffs/dents/etc., service history etc., but that all goes towards building a sensible price as a reserve, and we found that the reserve price was easily beaten. Much rather that than an unrealistic price "in 30 seconds" from Schofield's mates at WBAC, that gets heavily beaten down when you take your car to them.

All very painless and efficient, and much more cash than expected, so very, very happy. No dealing with Joe Public either. Another tick in the box! And the dealer arranges to come and pick it up, and a direct transfer into your bank account there and then. Simple. Efficient.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just a footnote in that webuyanycar have upped their offer by over 400 since I contacted them.. now only 300 lower than I sold her Fiesta for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports