Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Best place for a cheapish lunch in Brighton?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My mother in law is visiting Sussex in October and myself and a few of my family are planning a trip to the fairest city in England. Thing is we are a bit broke at the moment and can't afford normal Brighton prices for a meal. In recent months we visited Revolution in Wigan and Bath and the food was at least 'okay'. Haha a stunning judgement I know. Is there anywhere that is a hidden, or not so hidden gem with prices that won't make your eyes water?

Cheers!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Depends on what you mean by cheap really. You can have some excellent food for reasonable prices, Thali lunch at Chilli pickle, Urchin is great value for what it is

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Depends what you mean by cheap but the lunch menu at Tutto is about £20 without drinks for really good food:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kouzina is excellent. The Mexican in the Open Market is also good.
Lavash in North Laine (sit outside if nice, upstairs if not)
Tutto is very good if your budget can extend to it.
Tonkutso do a cheapish lunch menu
Chilli Pickle is great value
Pompoko if you can get past all the students
La Choza is still decent and fun for a cheapish lunch

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Spoons is a relatively low price and you sometimes see some interesting entertainment depending on which clients are visiting on any particular day.
The West Quay 'Spoons in the Marina could make for a nice little outing if entertaining out-of-towners. It's not a bad pub. Free Parking, nice stroll around the marina, maybe an inexpensive little boat trip or a ride on the Volks Railway. Could easily make a day of it if you're at a loose end for something to do with your visitors

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Modelo Lounge in Hove.

Or one of the many restaurants in Brighton who put on some pretty good deals at lunchtime to compete with each other.

In my experience of 25 years of dining in Brighton, all you really have to do is stroll about the Lanes or The North Laine for five mins and you’ll come across a whizz-bang deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here