Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best pint of Harveys i ever had.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Was last night in the Engineer of all places. It was in the best condition i have ever seen. Got me wondering where everyone else has had their best pint?

Over to you....

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
As a lager drinker who can't stand real ale, I can honestly say that as long a sits cold, every Budweiser is my best beer I've had. Especially the 10 or 15 I had on friday night and the 5 I had before the game on saturday to top it up.

Utterly assholed.....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Dorset Arms - Lewes

The Lewes Arms

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
beast said:
In the Event II Discoteque, they put a little something extra in the Wifebeater (Stella).

what like water?

A difficult question, Chappers. Taking everything into account, probably the free pints that are dispensed annually at the brewery when they launch the new Old Ale. You need to know someone to get one. Or know someone who knows someone. But, hey! You met me on Saturday.

:drink:

I had a very fine pint a couple of weeks ago at the Cricketers at Berwick. And the Lewes Arms can always be relied upon. And the Gardeners in Cliffe High Street. And the Ram at Firle. And the Trevor Arms. And the Dorset Arms. And the Swan at Southover. And the Elephant and Castle. I've not been in the Black Horse since the new landlord took over from Vic. And the Lamb at Ripe and the Halfway House on the A26, which is on the way to that pub next to Uckfield Station (although a detour via the Laughing Fish at Isfield might be worth considering). And the Nelson, of course, where as well as the bitter they sell draught Pale Ale (which is always welcome if you can find it). And the John Harvey Tavern, of course. And don't forget the brewery shop if you want some at home. And, if you're in London, doesn't the George in Borough High Street sell the stuff?

I'll probably think of a few more as the morning grinds on.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Lewes Arms is always top notch, as is the Swan at Southover.

They used to serve a great pint in the late, lamented Noble's bar in New Road (before it became Fitzherberts).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Bugle is normally pretty good. Also they've just started selling it again at the Cleveland. Hurrah! Not a brilliant pint by any means but even a sub-standard pint of Harveys is better than 99% of all other beers available in the Brighton area.

God bless the Harveys Brewery!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I had a pint of Harveys at the Cleveland a couple of weeks back. Not to bad but not great.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Its quite hatd to find if you don't know where it is, if you live near the Cleveland i'm quite surprised you've never been there though. Its on Argyle Road which is a turn off of London Road just before you reach the bottom of Preston Park if you are heading out of town.

The Engineer

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I find that Lager generally tastes better abroad in other European countries, the stella in Brussels is second to none..

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
A pint can easily be improved by the company you keep in my opinion. Last week I had several delicious pints of Sussex while meeting some old work colleagues of mine. We were all made redundant and meet up on a monthly basis, which is just nice really. Really nice.

:)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Its quite hatd to find if you don't know where it is, if you live near the Cleveland i'm quite surprised you've never been there though. Its on Argyle Road which is a turn off of London Road just before you reach the bottom of Preston Park if you are heading out of town.

Ahh! So it used to be the Argyle!! I hate it when they change the names of pubs, I still call The Open House the Springfield. Thanks for the info, it'll make change from the Cleveland or PPT.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yep thats the one, although i've always known it as the Engineer. Nice boozer it is.

The Cleveland is a good little pub, my mate lives two doors down so we are in there a fair bit.
Nice sitting outside there yesterday, and those pork scratchings, mmmmmmm.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I must have seen you at some stage. I haven't been in there recently out of respect for a friend but I was last there Friday lunchtime - and all afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here