Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best performance of the regular season by an opposing player

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Chalobah for Watford.

Another vote for Chalobah. I really hope Chelsea don't take him back and just let him stagnate in the reserves. If he converts his championship performances to the premier league he could be an England player in a few years time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
An honourable mention for Bellamy. It was only PIGs brilliance that kept him out at Cardiff away.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Birmingham keeper? Can't remember his name.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Despite moaning by the Newcastle fans and the general ineptness of the Newcastle side, I thought Williamson had a good game for them in defence. He was not to blame for Orlandi's brilliant goal. He got back covered the near post shot and it was only the presence of mind and great skill by the Albion player that got the goal.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I put John Stones, Dan Harding, David Gonzalez and Roger Johnson in the "Most hopeless opponent" award category.

Finally, I would like to recognise the sheer uselessness of Gary MacKenzie of Blackpool, all around him was chaos and he had LITERALLY no idea what to do about it. He is the most lost a footballer has ever looked to me. Atleast The Hawk knew what he wanted to do, he just wasn't good enough to do it.

Surely if you're doing the worst performances at the Amex, Alex Santos takes some beating? Even the Arsenal fans were ironically cheering when he got subbed!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Surely if you're doing the worst performances at the Amex, Alex Santos takes some beating? Even the Arsenal fans were ironically cheering when he got subbed!

Santos wasn't that bad. Buckley can beat any full back. Wilshere ain't that good. He is one paced. I'd sooner have Buckley although it is best to compare him to Walcott.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here