Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Best paint protection/treatment for new car?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He PPF'd the whole car?! :oops:
He did.

He suggested PPF on the front half and ceramic on the back half. I asked him which would protect the car better, he said that PPF would but that he thought it would probably be overkill.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’ve always thought it’s a scam. Never had it and it’s never been an issue. My current car has done 150,000 miles and still has paint

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I’ve always thought it’s a scam. Never had it and it’s never been an issue. My current car has done 150,000 miles and still has paint

I’m with you on this. However I’ve known a number of people who have treated a stone chip with the same attitude I’d reserve for the death of a dear friend. The type who walk obsessively round their car after returning to it in a public car park, convinced that the forces of evil will have keyed a great big scratch down the side. I enjoy cars and driving, but a car that isn’t new in pristine condition screams anal-retentive to my way of thinking.

Cars should pick up a bit of minor cosmetic damage in the rough and tumble of life, even if it is just a stone chip or two.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I’m with you on this. However I’ve known a number of people who have treated a stone chip with the same attitude I’d reserve for the death of a dear friend. The type who walk obsessively round their car after returning to it in a public car park, convinced that the forces of evil will have keyed a great big scratch down the side. I enjoy cars and driving, but a car that isn’t new in pristine condition screams anal-retentive to my way of thinking.

Cars should pick up a bit of minor cosmetic damage in the rough and tumble of life, even if it is just a stone chip or two.
Yep - Had a neighbour back in SBS that cleaned his car several times a week, it was an obsession. Each to their own and all that but I can't get my head round it. That said, I have even a lesser understanding of personalised number plates??

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yep - Had a neighbour back in SBS that cleaned his car several times a week, it was an obsession. Each to their own and all that but I can't get my head round it. That said, I have even a lesser understanding of personalised number plates??
All my No plates are personalised.

Just not by me or with any numbers or letters that mean anything to me.

I had a friend visit the other week, his car was registered in Worthing 2 weeks aftrer my scooter, numbers are only 50 apart. For February 1962, thats about as excited as I can get!

it is nice having a vintage vehicle that's local, don't know why, but it is.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Kind of agree with this now, had expensive cars and worried whenever I returned to it, changed job and needed a workhorse, E Class estate, abuse it really and now worry far less about odd chips and dinks, still like to keep it clean though!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Kind of agree with this now, had expensive cars and worried whenever I returned to it, changed job and needed a workhorse, E Class estate, abuse it really and now worry far less about odd chips and dinks, still like to keep it clean though!
Agreed. I had my old Subaru 11 years, 170k miles and still looked good when it was washed. I probably polished it once a year, maybe every two years, but it got washed far more often, sometimes 3 or 4 times a year.

some manufacturers use better finishing materials than others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here