Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Opposition 11 of the Amex years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Danny Shittu for Millwall.

Were I not being serious that would be a funny reply.

By Christ we was shite that night.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
B.Foster

R.Pereira Kompany Van Dijk Robertson

Kante

De Bruyne Hazard Coutinho Willian

Firmino

[Not based on reputation, but because they were all imperious against us in their particular roles].

That team would quite probably beat any other.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
But at the Amex, in recent visits he’s not shone eg March destroyed him a year ago. Whereas Willian and Hazard, for example, always outclassed us.

Oh - that's true. He only ruined the play offs I guess. Which happened to be the only time I was home and got tickets for my first and only game at the Amex. Fukking ruined that for me.....bitter - just a bit.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Paddy McCourt was excellent for Barnsley, and scored one of the best goals I've seen at the Amex.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We've seen some world class players at the Amex over the last couple of years but who would you put in an all-time Amex Opposition 11 based solely on their performance on the day ? Any Championship players who stood out ?

I'll start by offering Eden Hazard who tore us a new one and Çağlar Söyüncü whom we'd not have got past on a motor bike.

You just wanted to show off with the second name, to show how clever you are, knowing where all those accents and squiggles go! Swot...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Home and away

Marshall (Cardiff)
Alexander-Arnold - Van Dijk - Fabinho - Ashley Young
Fernandidno
Hazard - Coutinho - de Bruyne
Vardy - Aguero
subs: David Silva, Kompany, Rosicky, Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Zaha, Heaton (or was it Pope?), Salah​

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh - that's true. He only ruined the play offs I guess. Which happened to be the only time I was home and got tickets for my first and only game at the Amex. Fukking ruined that for me.....bitter - just a bit.

Horrible evening wasn’t it, after we did all the hard work getting a result at Smellhurst.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Shaqiri always stood out with Stoke - maybe because he was in such a poor side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Those Chelsea and Liverpool matches were the only times I have been properly overawed by what I was watching since we've been in The Premier League.

Absolutely this......and Coutinho and Hazard orchestrating their teams were unbelievable. The pace of Liverpool’s attacking the first season was terrifying.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Forgot to mention Mooy for Huddersfield and Mitrovic for Fulham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here