Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Best of British - The Nominations

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Having done a little travel in my times, I can wholeheartedly say that queuing is one of the things you do best. Beef wellington is a dish you invented that is simply astounding and well worth a call out! A good cup of tea is probably my third, tea just doesn't taste as good anywhere in the world as an english cup of tea. Is the sausage roll British?? Good job if it is, add that too.

I'll never add beer or anything alcoholic to that list though, unfortunately even being Australian, you are the country that drinks the most out of any where I have been, any excuse, any time, any place, any reason, you drink. Maybe thats the thing you want to add. Biggest drinkers.

Finally its a tie between British and Australian travelling sports fans too, a minority in there that are soooo appalling it taints the rest. English football fans luzzing chairs in far away countries is something I'll never get over, and both countries with their racist sledging and commentary to each other. Pretty good at being absolutely rotten there...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Having done a little travel in my times, I can wholeheartedly say that queuing is one of the things you do best...

I'll never add beer or anything alcoholic to that list though, unfortunately even being Australian, you are the country that drinks the most out of any where I have been, any excuse, any time, any place, any reason, you drink. Maybe thats the thing you want to add. Biggest drinkers.
If you spent as long queing as we do, you'd need a drink as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The countryside.

Nobody does rolling green hills and country lanes quite like us.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to the Best of British competition.

To kick start the competition we need your nomations!

To begin with you'll only be allowed two nominations and two secondary backings.

I'll limit max entries to 32. (If we even reach that number)

Examples of what can be entered?

Anything that's commonly related to be or that is actually British!

Good luck to all

Official list of Nominations (they need seconding):

GOSBTS
Ale
ASBO's
Queuing
James Bond
Curry
Cream Tea
The NHS
Black Pudding
Test match cricket
Sarcasm
English Language
Irony
Parks
HP Sauce
Worcester Sauce
Pork Pie
The Beatles
Donar Kebab
Stones
Pavilion

The Official list of entries:

Fish and Chips
Talking about the weather
Pubs
Sunday Roast

:thumbsup:
I would happily second HP sauce if it be renamed brown sauce as my preference is Daddies.

May I nominate chocolate and churches.

Are the stones rolling or are they flints, pebbles and the like?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Official list of Nominations (they need seconding):

HP Sauce

I would happily second HP sauce if it be renamed brown sauce as my preference is Daddies.
I will second HP Sauce specifically, since Daddies is CLEARLY SECOND RATE.

I'll also add Hendersons Relish as my second nomination, since Worcester Sauce is on the list but is also MANIFESTLY SECOND RATE and contains anchovies for no obvious reason, while Hendo's is vegan friendly and thus more in keeping with our happy clappy times.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I will second HP Sauce specifically, since Daddies is CLEARLY SECOND RATE.

I'll also add Hendersons Relish as my second nomination, since Worcester Sauce is on the list but is also MANIFESTLY SECOND RATE and contains anchovies for no obvious reason, while Hendo's is vegan friendly and thus more in keeping with our happy clappy times.
If it's vegan, I bet it tastes like ground horseshit, but each to their own :ROFLMAO:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I once had a very pleasant conversation with a lovely elderly Indian chap on a train in Rajasthan. He was a dentist. He told me I should be proud to be British and cited two reasons why.

1. The lack of corruption. Even with the Tories and their government contract VIP lane, we are a different level to the vast majority of countries around the world.

2. Dental Instruments. He said the engineering and craftsmanship here produced the best dental instruments in the world.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We do overflowing doggie poo bins in parks and walks pretty well.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
We have plenty of nominations but a lack of secondary backers!

The list of official entries stays open for now ..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barbour jackets
IMG_4207.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper