Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Best movie scene ever

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This scene is a five minute, single take tracking shot. An incredible bit of planning and choreography and acting with a cast of hundreds to make it work, and all with only one chance to get it right because of the position of the sun. All the little stories that play out in each moment - best movie scene is subjective but this ticks a lot of those subjective boxes for me

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Easy one for me. Love everything about this, the use of miniature models, the expressions and acting, the special effects and the dialogue. Can watch it repeatedly. Perfect set up to landing on LV-426.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This scene is a five minute, single take tracking shot. An incredible bit of planning and choreography and acting with a cast of hundreds to make it work, and all with only one chance to get it right because of the position of the sun. All the little stories that play out in each moment - best movie scene is subjective but this ticks a lot of those subjective boxes for me

Great call! Overlayed with Marianelli’s Elegy, which includes my favourite hymn. The entire scene is beautifully moving. A truly timeless piece of cinema.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know lot of CGI, but I’d love to see this again on the big screen one day. Remember hairs on back of my neck standing up at the time, it was brilliant from late Bernard Hill’s rousing battle cry to the thunderous mass charge (which did have hundreds of real horses and actors partaking in when shot as well as the cgi additions)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here