Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best moment of the season?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Reflecting on a season with so many highs and lows, what was your highest point or most remembered moment?

Mine was sitting in London City Airport at 10am for my flight to Amsterdam for the Ajax match. I could see Albion everywhere
in the bars etc and it was just a wonderful, wonderful moment. I had a ticket btw. and my cousin lives in Haarlem just outside
Amsterdam.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have already moved on ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not being a boozer whatsoever around Albion games/trips, the football and atmosphere itself is everything for me.

Imagine being so much better against a hated rival, with early goals, so that could absorb every wonderful moment in real time. Enhanced by a legion of 28,000 fellow supporters making a hell of a racket in celebrating and mocking the hapless opponents. Topped by their fans ‘trying’ to attack their players.

This really did happen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, you had planned going anyway until Bozza found a ticket, right? Without patronising you, I was chuffed
for you.
Yes, I was going to accompany my pal @Hugo Rune , as part of the plan, and would have been happy to rough it in some *smoky* bar during the match. Thanks to the actions of numerous pals who managed to track me down, especially @monty uk, with @Bozza pressing 'hold' for several hours on the BHA ticket site, eventually dimbot moi did the necessary to allow the magic to unfold. If it weren't for the fact that far too many people recognize me for the arse that I am, it would have been NSC gold. :lolol:

Thanks for the chuffedness, young man. Appreciated :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There were many highlights.

The crazy sound of the Stade Velodrome, the whistles as Pedro stroked home the equaliser.

The whole Athens experience, the singing in the Ryanair flight, weather, city etc fantastic trip.

On the field. Pedro's winner v Marseille at home, the Amex went off!

Or 3rd v Palace, right after second and the cacophony of "You're f*cking sh*t"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One moment: has to be the Marseile goal.
Match: Palace
Experience: all the European aways.
Worst match: Fulham away
Let's not have any of that sort of talk, me laddio.

This thread is about

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry Guv'nor, I couldn't help myself - I just had a flashback to that miserable afternoon and felt the need to share 😀
You are forgiven, blessed art thou, (etc. etc.). :wink: :cheery: :rave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Temporarily losing 4-0 at Luton, surely that’s the end of Steele and the stupid goal keeper rotation. That didn’t last long on reflection.

Seriously 1-0 Marseille the NS carnage was fun.
Scenes?

I am in west upper and many of us went 'hooray' at the goal, and 'bravo' at the final whistle.

f***ing exhausting, it was.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As a moment, it’s a toss up between the Pedro goal against Marseille and the quick fire third against Palace for total euphoria

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
These two. Palace shades it. I think. No, hold on. Er.

Yes. Palace it is.
Oddly I'd forgotten about the Palace game.

There again, I've never really taken much notice of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here